PDA

View Full Version : Cyclop-eeze...halfsies with anyone?

Der_Iron_Chef
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
So, I'm interested in buying some cylop-eeze, but not interested in paying $45 or whatever for it, for what would no doubt last me years and years. Would anyone in Calgary be interested in splitting a package of it with me?

andestang
02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I'd be interested. PM me some details

danny zubot
02-12-2007, 07:21 PM
I would too if the offer is still on the table.

andestang
02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Are you still interested in doing this ?

Der_Iron_Chef
02-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey...Ande & Danny...I'm still interested in doing this. I'll buy a package from Gold and then we can figure it out from there. I'm sure we can split it three ways. If I remember correctly, a package of it is $45-50.

danny zubot
02-14-2007, 09:48 PM
just let us know.

Der_Iron_Chef
02-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey guys...I just got back from Gold, and they didn't have any bigger packages of Cyclopeeze for sale, so I just bought a smaller one for myself ($20). Would have liked to split a bigger pacakage...alas...

Pescador
02-19-2007, 03:43 AM
I just tried those frozen sticks of Cyclopeese from Golds too. It sinks a lot easier and faster than the big cans of freeze dried.

Der_Iron_Chef
02-19-2007, 05:24 AM
I just tried those frozen sticks of Cyclopeese from Golds too. It sinks a lot easier and faster than the big cans of freeze dried.

This is my first time using Cyclopeeze. How much do you feed (and how big is your tank/what are you feeding, etc)?

Delphinus
02-19-2007, 03:38 PM
The freeze dried is a joke. It would always float for me even after soaking for days beforehand in the fridge. Frozen is the way to go. And if you can buy them in quantities less than 20 lbs at a time, sounds like a slam dunk to me. I've still got about 19 lbs of the 20 lbs I bought last year and I feed a cube into all 3 of my tanks anywhere from daily to once per week.

Anyhow Drew, in answer to your question, I chop mine up into chunks about 3/4 to 1cm square. That's still a lot of food but the fish just love it. I think the only thing I have that doesn't go beserk for it is my CBB who eats only mysis or the live clams/oysters/mussels I buy for him. Even my carpet anemones show an excited feeding response from the frozen cyclopseeze.

Hope this helps.

Skimmer Juice
02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
I have tried both, I acctualy preffer th freeze dried. I have been feeding it for about a year and a half, the freeze dried is easier to prepare, but I think for the amount I use I stick with the freeze dried. I bought the big jar from gold's I believe it was 40 bucks.It does not last all that long when you have 5 salt tanks.:lol:

andestang
02-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Hey guys...I just got back from Gold, and they didn't have any bigger packages of Cyclopeeze for sale, so I just bought a smaller one for myself ($20). Would have liked to split a bigger pacakage...alas...

So is it the same as in the big frozen blocks ?

Der_Iron_Chef
02-19-2007, 05:45 PM
It's this (http://www.freezerbar.com/), exactly.

G1GY
02-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I buy the big cans of freeze dried also. :)

I've used the frozen in the past, but prefer the freeze dried. (I just bought a new can. :))

Delphinus
02-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Huh .. hokay, glad that the freeze-dried works for SOME people :p Think I threw my last can right out (nobody was eating it when I put it in the tank .. mind you 85% goes over the overflow within 1 minute anyhow because it won't sink). But if I find I haven't thrown it out yet, you're welcome to have it if you want it.

G1GY
02-20-2007, 03:42 AM
Huh .. hokay, glad that the freeze-dried works for SOME people :p Think I threw my last can right out (nobody was eating it when I put it in the tank .. mind you 85% goes over the overflow within 1 minute anyhow because it won't sink). But if I find I haven't thrown it out yet, you're welcome to have it if you want it.

:lol:

I mix about a weeks worth in a bottle with r/o water and shake it up real well. I keep it in the fridge and give it a shake just before I squeeze a bit into each tank and it sinks just as fast as the frozen stuff imo. :)