PDA

View Full Version : clown trigger

ktrigger
02-12-2007, 03:22 AM
anybody keep clown triggers? if so, have you had them by themselves or with other fish? i have not bought the aquarium or anything yet. i was looking at buying a tank that is 250g or bigger. clown triggers really caught my eye. i have been researching them for the past few months. i know of their mean homicidal tendancies and i was hoping for some advice.

Raf
02-14-2007, 04:28 PM
my experience with them ius that they start of like any other trigger and grow meaner by the years. Eventually, they may not tolerate other triggers in the tank or other large fish for that matter that they see as a threat towards their food source. IMO, you would be best of with only 1 per tank and no other trigger species in with it. Purchase it small and add it to an already stocked tank so it is not the first fish there.

good luck.

Johnny Reefer
02-15-2007, 06:53 AM
My Clown is at about 4" now. Bought it about 15 months ago. It was around 2-2 1/2" at the time. So far so good. It's in a 180 with a Humuhumu, Pinktail, Blue Chin and Blackbelly. I would say of the five, the Clown is the closest to neutral. Not the shyest, but gets along with everyone....so far. Time will tell and fingers crossed.

Cheers,