PDA

View Full Version : Out for Good

sumpfinfishe
02-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let those of you who know me know that I am getting out of the hobby completly. It's been a great road for the last 11 years in which I have met many wonderful people. This board has helped me so much along the way so a huge thank you goes out to all of you who helped me enjoy reefing so much.

Thank you and happy reefing to all!
cheers, Rich AKA(sumpfinfishe)

Delphinus
02-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Bummer dude, will miss ya. Come back to the hobby anytime you're ready. :)

What's next for you?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Good luck with whatever new activities you get into.

Anthony

christyf5
02-11-2007, 07:09 PM
http://www.3reef.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif

vanreefer
02-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Rich ... Buddy ...That crazy talk

Hope to see you back again soon

Dan

G1GY
02-11-2007, 10:02 PM
I've been reading and enjoying your posts since I came to this board.
Bummer that you're getting out, but good luck with whatever you do to fill the spare time now. :)

sumpfinfishe
02-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey there,

Well my friend Paul came over yesterday and picked up the whole shabang, I don't know who's more sad my cat or myself. I was left with a big empty space against the wall so I quickly replaced the void with a book shelf to hide what had been a beautiful hobby for the last 11 years. I need to take an extended break from the hobby because over the last 6 months since I sold off all the coral and made the switch to FOWLR I thought to myself that would free up some time for other hobbies. I was wrong however as I started to neglect the tank even more, which came to my recent decsion as it simply wasn't fare for the animals I was still keeping. I told myself when I started reefing that if I started to neglect my saltwater pets then I would simply stop housing them. In 11 years I can count on two hands how many monthly water changes I missed.

Thanks for the kind words, and hopefully I will still be able to keep in touch with some of my friends on this board, and for sure I will still catch the odd wave and drop in for a surf every once in awhile :mrgreen:

BCOrchidGuy
02-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Keep in touch with us, you've made a lot of friends.

Doug

muck
02-12-2007, 03:13 PM
See ya around Richie.. Enjoy actually having cash in your wallet. :razz:

Jaws
02-12-2007, 05:31 PM
I hate to see people go, especially knowledgeable people like yourself, however it's always admirable to see people responsible enough to admit they don't have the time it requires to keep everything in excellent condition and find someone that does. Good luck and I hope to see you back one day.

danny zubot
02-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Sad you leaving, but it's understandable.
So what other activities will you occupy yourself with now?

vanreefer
02-12-2007, 11:52 PM
I hate to see people go, especially knowledgeable people like yourself, however it's always admirable to see people responsible enough to admit they don't have the time it requires to keep everything in excellent condition and find someone that does. Good luck and I hope to see you back one day.

Couldn't have said it better myself...