PDA

View Full Version : SWC live order

Delphinus
11-12-2002, 04:31 PM
I will be having a shipment from SWC to me, likely this upcoming weekend. Although the timing is not 100% certain just yet.

Basically all my mushroom rock I am trading into Jayson for new mushroom free rock. Plus, he has my Z. desjardini in !!! So I am very eagerly awaiting an opportunity to get this fish after having being longing after one for the last 5-6 months or so...

Anyways, so if you want anything live from SWC, frags, corals, rock, DT's, etc., it'd be a good opportunity to save on shipping costs.

Jonathan is in for some DT's.

I mentioned that the timing is not certain. The uncertainty is due to that I will have to take my 50g down and remove all the rock, which means the 72g is up and running and filled and sitting in the spot that it will remain forever (and that event is still several days away ... I finally have upper executive-management approval for the final spot ... conditional upon finishing certain household renos .... it's a long story but suffice it to say I can't do anything quickly). Anyways did I finish my point? I'm not sure that I did. I have to take the rock out of th 50g and send it to Jayson. If "all goes according to plan" I will be able to do so on Friday or Saturday. Which would mean the shipment coming out this way come Saturday or Sunday. (I hope.)

TANGOMAN
11-12-2002, 04:41 PM
Hey Tony, SWC is unknown to me. I m kinda' interested in some frags. Do they have a website ?

Delphinus
11-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Er yes, sorry about the EUOA (excessive use of acronyms), my bad.

Jayson == proprietor of SaltwaterConnection in Winnipeg (aka SWC). His website is www.saltwaterconnection.com. You can also call him at 204-255-9308 or email him at reefman@escape.ca.

The website is only a general guideline, it's not a dynamic e-commerce site yet.

Bob I
11-12-2002, 05:04 PM
I am in for a Fighting Conch, and Alan said he wanted one too, but I do not speak for him. :D

Canadian Man
11-12-2002, 05:21 PM
Oh, the fighting conch might be a good Idea.
Anyone know off hand how much Jayson charges for a fighting conch?

AJ_77
11-12-2002, 06:53 PM
I am in for a Fighting Conch, and Alan said he wanted one too, but I do not speak for him. :D
Alan did say that. I've emailed Jayson and asked about them.

Cheers! :D

Delphinus
11-12-2002, 07:08 PM
I emailed Jayson about that too. He has them in stock right now and they're $15. That's about what I paid for mine (also from SWC) several months ago.

Canadian Man
11-12-2002, 07:42 PM
COOL!
Well chaulk me up for one of those fighting conch as well as my DT'S order.
Thanks.

TANGOMAN
11-12-2002, 08:14 PM
Thanks for that "link" Tony. Let me know if you're goin' to charge it all to your expense account because there's lots o' stuff I'd like, otherwise, I better save my money for Rum & Egg Nog. All the family is comin' for Christmas so I really have to save so I can keep a full drink in my hand 'till they leave..."I'm blessed with a perfect and "un-dissfunctional" family" :roll:

AJ_77
11-12-2002, 09:48 PM
Tony - are you coordinating this order, or should we be dealing with Jayson individually? I only need a few things, perhaps I could piggy-back on Bob's stuff. And he lives so darn close... :D

Alan

Delphinus
11-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Not really coordinating per se. Just let Jayson know what you want and arrange for payment with him (I don't want to be in the middle of payment discussions), and he'll just put the order all together and send it as one package. Just let me know if you order something so that I know something of yours is in the package.

I am a little worried about the wisdom of getting a fish and potentially other livestock mixed in a box full of rock. Actually when read back to myself that last sentence, I am starting to feel like maybe it's actually a really bad idea. Maybe this isn't such a hot idea (better to go with two orders??) What do you guys think???

Canadian Man
11-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Tony,
If the livestock is a problem then I will just get my DT's and still be happy.
8)

Delphinus
11-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Well I still want to get my desjardini tang, just not sure if it's wise to put everything into the same box. I guess Jayson will know best, I'll ask him about putting everything together or whether it should go into two separate boxes.

Tau2301
11-12-2002, 11:33 PM
Hi Tony, I just went surfing over to SWC and had a look for the livestock section e.g. fish.

I didn't see any fish listed. Is yours a special order?

AJ_77
11-13-2002, 01:13 AM
I can't imagine liverock (if that's the rock you're talking about) coming in the same box as animals, especially fish. As Tony says, I'm sure Jayson knows what he's doing.

Let's just order enough livestock to fill a whole box. I need some Astrea snails and a Fighting Conch, maybe a couple more Scarlet Hermits.

All aboard! :D

Aj

Bob I
11-13-2002, 01:24 AM
Here we go again. In addition to the conch, I would like a Royal Grama. I would also like a few more Nass snails (six), and about ten pounds of LR (if Fiji or Tonga) in two pound or so chunks. What do you think of that possibilty Tony? I will write Jayson

Jayson
11-13-2002, 02:41 AM
No worries guys. Tony's rock will be in one box and the other stock will be packed in another box. If there is not enough to fill a second box there will be dividers in the box to prevent any damage.

kgb
11-13-2002, 06:21 AM
hey is it to late to order ?
if not where are the prices and lists of the items for sale ?

kgb
11-13-2002, 06:27 AM
hey jayson you got `a pm

Jayson
11-13-2002, 02:08 PM
It is not to late to get in on the order. Email me your wish list. Thanks

Josh23
11-13-2002, 08:22 PM
If its ok with you guys I would like to order a couple things as well.
Maybe a conch some snails and some live sand.
Josh

Josh23
11-15-2002, 09:59 PM
Just wondering when the order might be coming in this weekend.
Is it going to be posted here.
Thanks
Josh

Delphinus
11-15-2002, 10:22 PM
At this point, it looks like Sunday for the order to arrive.

More details to follow. I will call or email you guys later with a proper update. From what I understand, Bob, Alan, Jonathan, Josh and myself in on this order. Josh is your phone number the same as before? Or could you email me with your phone number.

Josh23
11-16-2002, 01:56 AM
no phone number is the same as before.
I gave it to Allan so he has it if you dont.
Josh

Delphinus
11-16-2002, 09:23 PM
I got my first box of rock off to Jayson. There were so many I couldn't even fit it all in one box. So I will be sending Jayson another box next week.

Anyways, this means we're a "go" for tomorrow. Can everybody please contact Jayson and finalize their order and arrange for payment. It sounded like nobody had done so yet when I spoke to him earlier today.

Josh23
11-17-2002, 07:41 PM
my order has been finalized.
Talked to Jason on Thursday.
is the order coming today and where are we meeting
Josh

Bob I
11-17-2002, 07:45 PM
I guess we are waiting to hear. We just had a power failure of more than an hour here. I have asked Tony to meet here for the North people. But we will see.

Delphinus
11-17-2002, 09:39 PM
The package should be arriving in Calgary 5:30 ready for pickup ~6:00ish.

There are two ways we can do this. One, somebody (or everybody) can meet me at the airport at 6, we divvy up (and square up for shipping) over there, then go our separate ways.

If it's easier, and if Ross, Alan, and Josh are willing to go Bob's place (since this was a meeting place in past orders), then I can drive from the airport to Bob's place, then we divvy up/square up over there. That would be about 6:30ish minimum. That just leaves me to sort it out with Jonathan, and since we live near each other that should be easy enough.

Here comes the part we don't want to hear about. The package weighs in at nearly 100lbs., so the shipping cost is way up there this time. Be prepared guys, this one is more than previous orders. We're basically looking at $1 per pound.

I have been given a breakdown of people's orders (how much each of theirs weighs). I don't know if it's kosher to mention everyone's breakdown publicly in here, so I will instead call you guys with your amount as soon as I finish typing in this message.

Bob I
11-17-2002, 09:45 PM
As far as I am concerned we can do it here , or the airport. Whatever is best. Alan has gone for a hospital visit, but i can do his stuff.
Bob