switched tanks...

check out the before and after..

Before:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/adidas28/tank-1.jpg

After:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/adidas28/small2.jpg

Sushiman
02-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Have you thought of doing PVC base for your rockwork? You've got such a nice long tank & plenty of rock, it just has that "piled up" look. I think you could create a stunner without too much effort. I'm just OCD about aquascaping, you've got a nice set up, but why stop @ nice when you can have smokin'?

Sushiman
02-09-2007, 11:51 PM
I had to look at your avatar twice! An Oiler fan in Calgary? Couln't be! It's not natural! I love the Flames vs.Canucks games, but Kipper drives me insane, he's too bloody good;)

Der_Iron_Chef
02-10-2007, 12:03 AM
I love the Flames vs.Canucks games, but Kipper drives me insane, he's too bloody good;)

Mwaaa haaa haaaaa ha ha!!

andestang
02-10-2007, 01:35 AM
More rock , new tank, looking good. When I saw you were selling your old one I thought you might be leaving the hobby.

adidas
02-11-2007, 03:56 AM
I had to look at your avatar twice! An Oiler fan in Calgary? Couln't be! It's not natural!

LOL look closer!

im a die-hard Flames fan ;)

hqgc
02-11-2007, 04:15 AM
Have you thought of doing PVC base for your rockwork? You've got such a nice long tank & plenty of rock, it just has that "piled up" look. I think you could create a stunner without too much effort. I'm just OCD about aquascaping, you've got a nice set up, but why stop @ nice when you can have smokin'?
Hey what can you do with a pvc base to improve your aquascape?

Sushiman
02-11-2007, 04:52 AM
Pvc can act as a scaffold. take a masonry bit & drill your live rock & secure it to the pvc construct with zip ties. You can get quite creative & minimize contact with the sand bed, create better flow, minimize "dead-spots" & add tons of caves & crannies for the fishies. Use black expanding pond foam to hide any exposed joints or to help blend structures together, etc. I dry fit the pvc together & drill holes through it so the zips can fit tight.

Sushiman
02-11-2007, 04:55 AM
LOL look closer!

im a die-hard Flames fan ;)

I know dude, even an Oiler fan wouldn't call their own team "losers". Cool avatar.

hqgc
02-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Pvc can act as a scaffold. take a masonry bit & drill your live rock & secure it to the pvc construct with zip ties. You can get quite creative & minimize contact with the sand bed, create better flow, minimize "dead-spots" & add tons of caves & crannies for the fishies. Use black expanding pond foam to hide any exposed joints or to help blend structures together, etc. I dry fit the pvc together & drill holes through it so the zips can fit tight.

do you have any in progress pictures?