PDA

View Full Version : help with my remora pro skimmer

Finaddict
02-08-2007, 06:35 PM
So after hours of draining water, moving the tank out from wall, we put the skimmer on back of the tank & it did not fit so hubby cut the plastic.

ok in place I adjusted the knob in box and plugged in,

well the skimmer filled and did not stop filling up.
please help, I have adjusted the rubber ring on box and it still fills.

any suggestions or help

now i have this great skimmer that is off atm , so I put my old remora back on but hanging off the front!

tia
Connie

Neil
02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
as far as i know the valve inside the skimmer doesnt need adjusting. My remora pro went nuts with aqua plus conditioner, would fill up a few times in a couple hours. try adjusting the box as high as it will go with the ring and then lower it after a few hours- see what happens then

Finaddict
02-08-2007, 07:34 PM
neil,do you think this is ti high

seems to be not over flowing as fast now.
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4017/img1553smallsv6.jpg

Neil
02-08-2007, 08:07 PM
no-if its too high it will fall off ;). it is just a little noisey the higher it is, but it might be just reacting to something in the water. leave it high until things seem to settle down a bit.

fresh
02-09-2007, 01:36 AM
remora's take a little while to break in fully (up to 1 month) and will work like a charm afterwards. One of the best hob skimmers out there if not the best as long as you wait for that break-in period.

Neil
02-09-2007, 02:24 AM
any luck there connie? do you use water conditioners? looks like it sits snugly behind that canopy. You should see my new DIY stand

Finaddict
02-09-2007, 03:16 PM
ya it is working now, with out a river on the floor!

now the pump is making weird rattling( like a loose impeller) so i may need a new mag3.

or impeller anyone know where to get a new impeller for the pump?

thx neal

what pita this has been all to upgrade my skimmer!