PDA

View Full Version : lumenarc reflectors

JOEL
02-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I am thinking of getting two lumenarc mini reflector and two pfo ballasts for my 90gal tank and was woundering is I should get hqi or mogul base.

Ruth
02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Depends what watt you want to use. HQI do not have the range of bulbs in 400W that I know of.
I still prefer mogul light bulbs.

JOEL
02-03-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm going to use 250watt bulbs

Funky_Fish14
02-04-2007, 02:28 AM
Im also a sitter on the Mogul side. One of the reasons is because a mogul bulb does not have to be shielded for UV, while a DE bulb does. Typically shielding appropriate for DE bulbs cuts the PPFD down by alot, whereas with a mogul bulb it does not. On the same ballast, the same bulb in a mogul will always win out on the PPFD. Also, Mogul bulbs do not usually draw as much wattage as the HQI bulbs.

I have an LAIII(fullsize) with a mogul socket and cannot wait to use it on the tank. From the way the bulbs are made and where the sockets are, it seems to me a mogul might have a better spread of light.

JOEL
02-11-2007, 05:35 PM
My lumenarc mini 3 are in and was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas and pics on how they hung them.I would like to have them on a pulley system so I can go up and down for maintenance.

joel