PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Safe Question

dockrat
02-02-2007, 07:42 PM
How many of you guys with aqua safe RODI use the carbon filter after the DI cartridge... I have a new unit and the carbon filter seems to be riseing my TDS, I read 0 TDS after the DI cartridge and 6 TDS after the carbon... It might just be the fact that its a new carbon filter needs to be flushed for a while to get out all the dust particles... Is this Carbon filter necessary for aquarium use only ?

Thanks Kris

christyf5
02-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Is that the taste/smell filter (can't remember what it says on it)? If so, chuck it. I think it adds stuff back into the water to make it taste better or some such thing. It raised the TDS on my water as well. You don't need it, its just a useless add on IMO.

fkshiu
02-02-2007, 08:14 PM
The final carbon filter is for taste because DI water tastes like crap. It does add stuff back into the water.

Keep it if you're using the unit for drinking water as well by teeing off the water between the RO and DI stages. One side of the tee goes into the final carbon filter for drinking, the other side goes into your DI for you aquarium water.

If you are NOT using the Aquasafe for drinking water, chuck it.

dockrat
02-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys and gals thats what I thought, I figured it was junk so i tossed it i just wanted to be on the safe side... Problem fixed