PDA

View Full Version : Well it happened

Bob I
11-10-2002, 05:18 PM
It happened in the middle of my tank move. My Caulerpa sporulated. This morning I took some stuff out of the nano to put into my new 50. The water was clear. Two hours later I looked at it, the water was green and cloudy. I looked at the refugium, and half the Caulerpa was white. In all the time I had Caulerpa in a 10 gallon refugium it never happened. It was a whole lot more crowded in the 12" refugium. It is not crowded anymore after cleaning out the dead stuff. I took some pictures to post on my site, but need to set up new FTP settings. :x
I am sure nobody cares, but I put the pics on pbase, along with the first of my new tank before it cleared. :D :D :D
http://www.pbase.com/rcipema/newtank

TANGOMAN
11-12-2002, 03:02 PM
I just want to say Bob, I care. :? Ironically, I was thinkin' of you yesterday as I was looking at the re-growth of my Caulerpa and contemplating "going back in" to remove some of the dead growth after its "sexual escapade". I was wondering how you've avoided the "cloud" for all this time...

Bob I
11-12-2002, 03:13 PM
I just want to say Bob, I care. :? Ironically, I was thinkin' of you yesterday as I was looking at the re-growth of my Caulerpa and contemplating "going back in" to remove some of the dead growth after its "sexual escapade". I was wondering how you've avoided the "cloud" for all this time...

I am thinking it never sporulated because it was not crowded in the 10 gallon refugium. It was very thick in the 12" CPR refugium. There is only about 10% left, so I will keep my eye on it from now on.

Delphinus
11-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Poof, that's quite a cloud in there. Hope everything settles out back to normal quickly. Good luck

Bob I
11-12-2002, 04:02 PM
I filtered the tank with carbon overnight. It is now clear again. BTW the refugium is now on my new 50, I can keep an eye on things much better there. :D

Canadian Man
11-12-2002, 04:51 PM
The new tank look great Bob, The clear pics of course.
How do you like the larger tank so far?

Bob I
11-12-2002, 05:00 PM
The new tank look great Bob, The clear pics of course.
How do you like the larger tank so far?

I am really tickled pink with the larger tank. There is a downside though. Right now the tank is lit with the 175W MH on one side, and the 32W PC from the refugium on the other. That makes the left side a little dark. The answer might be to hang the old 175W pendant on the other side. I just cannot justify the electrical use (because I am cheap). But it may happen. :roll: :roll: