PDA

View Full Version : quarantine

keith
02-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I am new to the sw hobby . My 100 gal FOWLR has been up and running for only 3 weeks 75 lbs LR , ramora pro skimmer, 2 seio 1500 ph, ac500w/charcoal ,30 lbs sand, coralife compact c lighting. Am considering overflow box and 10gal sump. Water parameters are sg-1.023,nh-0,no2-0,no3-5.0,ph-8.4,temp-79.5f. I have a few questions so please bare with me. Do i need to test for calcium and phosphorous?.I have 2 QT 15 gal tanks set up with 2 percula clowns ,2 firefish gobys in 1 and 2 skunk cleaner shrimp in the other. All are eating and doing well . they are in week three. I plan on keeping them in QT for another week. My main tank is beginning to get some brown and small pieces of green algae and i was going to get a few snails and was wondering if they needed to be put in QTfirst? And what kind of snails should i consider.thanks in advance for any input. PS- I also have another 35lbs of Lr curing in a rm trashcan will this now be enough LR. THANKS--KEITH

Neil
02-01-2007, 10:15 PM
ich can hitch along with snails (jsut cannot complete its life cycle), as well as many other unwanted organisms. I know many other people myself included dont QT inverts, however, i will be doing that as im looking at tearing down my tank to catch all the fish for a little rehab in the hotel QT

keith
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
thanks, that was what i was thinking.-K

Der_Iron_Chef
02-01-2007, 11:19 PM
In a perfect world, you would QT anything before it went into your display tank/system. So, if you can implement that from the get-go...you're doing a good thing!