PDA

View Full Version : Bryopsis removal

Tangman
02-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Any one have any luck getting rid of bryopsis ( green hair algae)
Read the books, looking for personal experiences. thanks

fishface
02-01-2007, 06:37 PM
i got rid of mine by shooting it with good old fasioned boiling water...same method i use for aptasia. works for some...not for others.

good luck and be vigilant! :mrgreen:

Der_Iron_Chef
02-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Sea hare worked for me.

Tangman
02-01-2007, 07:15 PM
i got rid of mine by shooting it with good old fasioned boiling water...same method i use for aptasia. works for some...not for others.

good luck and be vigilant! :mrgreen:
never thought of that, will give it try on the small patches ,thanks

Sushiman
02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I've beat it before & I'm beating it again right now. Add a Sea hare, he'll amaze you. Establish & maintain a significant clean up crew. Keep the maintenace up, attack phosphates both exsisting & future build up.

fishface
02-01-2007, 07:50 PM
better hope you don't kill too much of that "unwanted macro" if you get yerself a sea hare though...unless you want to rent him out after the problems "fixed".

BCOrchidGuy
02-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Sailfin Tang and a Fox face worked for me, along with snails etc... Phosphates and Nitrates should be addressed of course.

Doug

Tangman
02-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I have a sea hare ( or had one. never saw it after add to tank, I have 300+ pounds of rock) but sea hares' are more parshall to Derbersia than Bryopsis.
I've been thinking of getting a rabbit fish but tangs wil not eat bryopsis even it starving, I should know ...I'm the Tangman LOL! Check out the avatar hes about 6 years old and 8 inches long
I'm also working on the nitrates and phosphates, even though my brand new salfert test kits read zero