PDA

View Full Version : Workhorse 7 wiring

REEF_GUY
11-08-2002, 08:43 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can find a diagram showing how to wire the WH7 ballast to run 2x95W VHO bulbs or give a detailed description of how to do it?

Thanks

StirCrazy
11-08-2002, 11:09 PM
ya, do what I did, take both red wires and twist them togeather, then take both red/black wires and twist them togeather. wire nut each pair to a single wires and conect that to the two tips of one VHO (If you are using tombstone type bulb holders just put all 4 wires into one toombstone)

next rig a set of endcaps togeather (like a jumper) and use it to conect from the oposit end of the bulb you just put all your power to ... to then next bulb.

then take the yellow wire and with two chunks of wire split it into two ... conect this to the last end of the bulb.. this will run them in series and give you full output from a VHO.

sence this is hard to explain here is a pic to help.. might make it eayser to understand

http://members.shaw.ca/stircrazy/vhoseries.jpg

I used the Coralife water proof endcaps, a bit pricy at 24.00/pair but the conveniance was worth it.. I just cut the wires to the lenght I wanted and conected the workhorse wires to them..

Steve

Skimmerking
03-14-2003, 03:46 PM
where can you buy the ballast at in manitoba..