PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT - Sailfin Tang

andsoitgoes
01-29-2007, 02:11 AM
The time has come, as much as I love my sailfin, the tank is far too overstocked and I've opted for other fish to fill my waters than this guy. He's also starting to get quite big, and somewhat aggressive to my new pygmy angel.

Here's a recent picture of him sort of...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/npapageorge/44g%20Cube%20Reef%20-%20Week%203/2007-01-05-44gReefweek3011.jpg

now - There's a hitch. I do NOT want to re-aquascape to get him out. So I'm offering him at the low, low price of $20 if you agree to help me fish this guy out =/

I'm also willing to consider just about any coral for trade too. Extra cleanup crews if you have a bunch of snails, etc. Just let me know, I'm flexible and I just want him to go to a good home. He readily eats mysis, pellets, flake and all types of algae :)

Danke,

Nick

andsoitgoes
01-29-2007, 02:12 AM
Here's another shot of him that I found. Forgive the flash:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/npapageorge/44g%20Cube%20Reef%20-%20Week%203/2007-01-05-44gReefweek3002.jpg

BCOrchidGuy
01-29-2007, 02:40 AM
I'd love him but the tank wont be ready for fish for a while and even then it's probably going to be to small for a Tang. If you do have trouble catching him I have access to some fish traps I made for King Ed pets.

Doug

krisalexander
01-29-2007, 03:23 AM
very nice fish nick. I might be interested but not just right now. a trick for catching fish i learned from a post on here is take a 2L plastic bottle and cut the nozzle off, take the labels off, you have to cut the nozzle so that he can fit in it. then put some food in there and let them get comfortable and he will swim in then u just take the bottle out with the fish in it.

i have one set up if u want, i want to head out to pauls sometime soon

kris

andsoitgoes
01-29-2007, 03:58 AM
I'm not sure which one I want to try just yet. The concern with this guy is that he's SERIOUSLY fast like a Liger. I'm used to the freshwater fish that move at y'know, SNAILS PACE in comparison to this freak ;)

My concern would be that once he's in the bottle, ANY attempt I make to reach in the tank will startle him and cause him to fly out of the tank.. What are your thoughts on that?

krisalexander
01-29-2007, 04:20 AM
I had that concern, however I didnt experience that, when i caught 4 chromis's and a yellow tang using this. if u are worried about it jumping out, then put a net at the end of the bottle, to protect if from jumping out.

Kris

adidas
01-29-2007, 05:04 PM
aw somebody should take him..sailfins rule...i love mine!

cav~firez22
01-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Id definatly take him, but im a little far away to help :)

if you still have it when im down on the coast again i will be chekin in.

andsoitgoes
01-30-2007, 01:41 AM
LOL - Looks like a sale is pending, my little (?) guy should have a home by the weekend if all goes well :) Or ONE weekend :)