PDA

View Full Version : edmonton reef club

bbb1080
01-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I and a few friends of mine would like to know what is involved with this reef club, fees and meeting times. We would be interested in joining i think.

Murminator
01-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Looks like you already joined ....Welcome to the club.....and for the fee....hmmm.....lets see.... some real good smokin hot frags :mrgreen:

....It was worth a try :razz:

Parker
01-29-2007, 02:27 AM
There's a reefing club here? huh..shows how much I pay attention.

mr_alberta
01-29-2007, 04:02 PM
There's no "official" club per se. And there aren't really any montly meetings or anything like that. I really wouldn't even call it a club. More like a "gathering" than anything.. :razz:

Parker
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
There's no "official" club per se. And there aren't really any montly meetings or anything like that. I really wouldn't even call it a club. More like a "gathering" than anything.. :razz:

Geeez, this feels like high school all over again! :(
( You could join the club, if there was a club, but there's no club, so you can't join ) I'm only kidding! :)

Regards
Robb

bbb1080
01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
i had heard something about a club with meetings at st alphonsus school. maybe i misunderstood. I just know ive been spending too much money at big als, i figure i might be able to learn more and maybe give my money, more effectively to fellow reefers for nicer corals. All the while not supporting THE MAN, aka big als. I just saw a 2 headed bland green hammer for 90$ thats where i draw the line!!! My six headed metallic hammer must be worth hundreds, hahaha

Joe Reefer
01-29-2007, 06:25 PM

You mean I got that secret tattoo for nothing. :redface:

muck
01-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Justin,

I think you are refering to the ACE fish club (Aquarium Club of Edmonton) (http://www.fish-club.org/index.php).
They have an actual club and meetings but they are pretty much Freshwater only.
IMO there would be no point to joining or going to the meetings unless you were interested in FW as well.

Someone on the board will eventually decide to host a meet/frag swap. They usually will happen 2-3 times a year. Its a great way to meet other reefers in town.

bbb1080
01-29-2007, 11:30 PM
well im not into freshwater, a little too drab for me, so i dont suppose i will look into that. the frag meet was exactly what i was looking for, so ill wait for that. when do you guys over there at reefwerkz figure you'll be getting a new shipment?

muck
01-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Keep an eye on vendor forum for new shipment news. :wink:

bbb1080
01-29-2007, 11:41 PM
i will do that thanx for the help