PDA

View Full Version : Live rock

DJKoop
01-28-2007, 06:00 AM
I will be ready to order live rock in a month or so. I was wondering who has the best live rock? I have seen soo much live rock around that should be called base rock if anything. Next to nothing for life on it. I want to stock a 90 gal. tank and I think I may need around 110-120lbs. Any help you guys may have from past orders or purchases please let me know. I want this tank to have a good start and not have to hope that small life forms will creep over from coral purchases.

Raf
01-28-2007, 06:35 AM
King Eds just got some Jakarta LR in, full of life but needs some curing....I have had good rock from them in the past, just get it as soon as it arrives and cure it yourself.

oops, I just realized you are not in/from Vancouver???

in either case, jakarta is almost always high quality and full of life.

DJKoop
01-28-2007, 07:14 AM
That's OK. I was almost thinking of ordering from J&L. From the pics I have seen on their site of rock it looks pretty good. I don't know if it really is as good as it looks but if it's half as good it's better than what I can get here.

Renegade
01-28-2007, 09:16 AM
i just bought 50 pounds of vanuatu from JL and the rock is gorgeous nd full of soo much life stinks though but that will pass.

kyle

DJKoop
01-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Awesome. Then there is REAL live rock out there. Thanks alot for the info.

BCOrchidGuy
01-28-2007, 06:27 PM
I've yet to see anyone with prices as low as J&L on live rock, even my buddy Eric is more expensive.

Doug

DanG
01-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Oooh, another Manitoban.

There was a guy on another board that ordered a bunch of stuff from J&L to winnipeg and it turned out to be a whole lot cheaper, even after the freight charges than any of the local guys here.

DJKoop
01-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Done, J&L it is. Thanks guys.