PDA

View Full Version : Won Pro Heat II - two junked within 3 months.

kwirky
01-25-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.islandaquatics.com/products/heat_won_pro.jpg

Ok, so I bought two of the 250W models for my 120g tank from Gold's. They said they were great, because of the titantium heat exchanger and the remote temperature probe, AND the remote thermostat. I won't name who sold them to me so enthusiastically *ahem* lol.

Then a month later I bought a 150W model because they were doing well at the time.

Well things went downhill from there. one of the 250's died shortly afterwards. It thought my tank was running at 280 degrees! so of course it wasn't kicking in. bought a stealth to replace it.

The 150 watt has been used for a quarantine, and for heating change water. Today I plug it in, and it's having touble with it's thermostat or it's sensor too.

I'd just stay away from these. So far the success rate with them for me has been 1/3, within 3 months of purchase. They're a pain to deal with their short cords, and bulky plugs, anyways. Just get a stealth; same price pretty much anyways.

castaway
01-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Yes I have one to
It worked fine for a few weeks then one night decide to heat the tank up and not shut off
They are junk

Kabong
01-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Yep do a web search for reviews on any of the won heater's and every one says there crap.

DanG
02-06-2007, 02:30 AM
I went through 2 of the 150's, but they were the pro heat I, the one without the digital readout. Both worked fine for a couple of months, then they just died.

BMW Rider
02-06-2007, 02:50 AM
Pretty much the same as my experience with them. I cut the heaters loose of the controller and wired a plug on them and now control them with my Aquatronica. The titanium heating element is the only redeeming quality of them. The controllers are crap.

AndyL
02-07-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm 50/50 on these... Got 20 of them in a group order in 04.

Have had a few failures, 3-4 out of the 16 I've used. But generally failures have been due to water infiltration into the control box (condensation or splashing). Biggest issue for me was the need to tape the control knob - because it was way too easy to brush it (with hand or... say a powerhead cord while moving things around) and change the setting to 90.

Still better luck with these than the new ebo's (wish I had more old ones); aga's, hydors and others.