PDA

View Full Version : possible stock list...

Sushiman
01-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Here's my possible stock list for my 90gal:
Clown Fairy Wrasse
Mystery wrasse
Ocellaris (x2)
6line Wrasse
Lawnmower Blenny
Firefish
Bartlett's & Lyretail Anthias #?
Green Chromis shoal

feedback & suggestion?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Don't know if so many wrasses would get along.

Hope you have a well sealed top because wrasses & firefish are jumpers when startled.

Is this a fowlr or reef? Seems to be a lot of fish for a reef tank. High bioload not great for corals.

Schools of both anthias & chromis? Assuming at least 5-7 of each.

Would make a nice display for a fish only with some corals, but not a full-blown reef. Softies would probably do fine, but you'd have a struggle to keep the water quality high enough for other corals IME with such a high potential bioload.

Anthony

blennie
01-25-2007, 10:18 AM
both the mystery and solar wrasse get much bigger than the 6 line, but the mystery and 6 line are related. maybe get another fairy wrasse and skip the 6 line

Sushiman
01-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Thinking a primarily softie /LPS display. I was wondering on the wrasse mix, the sixline could likely get the axe off the list...
The shoals of anthias will be small; maybe three-five per species. The chromis shoal around five to seven. Definatly a high bioload, but I think it can be done with good practice. A skimmer upgrade may be in order me thinks...the tank is already covered by a cut-to-fit eggcrate lid in anticipation of carpet divers.

Raf
01-25-2007, 06:51 PM
I too agree with getting rid of the 6 line, I would personally either pic anthias or chromis and get a bigger school of them, it is neat to watch them grouping together. :)

danny zubot
01-25-2007, 06:54 PM
The 6 line will most likely pick on your firefish.

Chaotic Cricket
01-26-2007, 03:25 AM
The 6 line will most likely pick on your firefish.

My 6line was a pretty docie fish, till he was eaten...:(

Sushiman
01-26-2007, 03:54 AM
I too agree with getting rid of the 6 line, I would personally either pic anthias or chromis and get a bigger school of them, it is neat to watch them grouping together. :)

Agreed; sod the chromis! Anthias it will be & sod the 6line as well.