PDA

View Full Version : ReefPure RO units

Jack
01-08-2002, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, I just saw that now Reefpure from this website has thier RO units for sale at JL aquatics. The only thing is that it doesnt say anything about it comming with the DI cartridge yet. Im gonna have to email them about that. This look like the RO/DI unit I will be buying within a month or so. Just curious, did anyone mention the Reefpure stuff to JL?

canadawest
01-08-2002, 08:12 PM
Hey Jack,

I mentioned the Reefpure units to J&L Aquatics about 3 months ago, soon after I got mine. I sort of played matchmaker between Dave (the Reefpure Owner) and J&L, but at the time it didn't look like J&L was interested in carrying anything other than Kent.

Looks like they've seen the light finally and realized that the Reefpure units offer way more for the money.

I'm glad to see J&L expanding their selection.

titus
01-08-2002, 09:07 PM
Hello,

And yes, ReefPure will now be sold by J&L instead. However, they will continue to do the sponsor for the Photo of the Month contest.

Jack
01-08-2002, 10:22 PM
Were you thier sales rep or something Titus? Cause I was going to get one off of you, it's great to see this at JL though cause I can get all the replacement cartridges easily. The whole deal is cheaper.

Andrew, are you happy with your Reefpure RO/DI unit? Does it come with everything you need to install it? Thanks again Titus and group.

Jack
01-08-2002, 10:26 PM
oh, and they are available with DI attatchments. I just had to do some extra clicking around images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif 309.95$ gets you a 50gpd RO/DI unit with pressure gauge, 1 micron filters, etc(cheaper than kent). And the replacment DI cartridges are way cheaper than kent. Also you can get and inline or hand-held TDS monitor with a little extra. I think im going to get this one if andrew says he's happy about his.

titus
01-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Hello,

I myself and Canreef is not affiliated with Dave and ReefPure in anyway. They were looking for alternate Canadian dealers as the other one they had before didn't work out. I was almost launching but J&L was a bit faster. Actually Dave said the cartridge is universal.

canadawest
01-09-2002, 02:46 AM
I'm very happy with my unit. I got a Tornado 4-stage 100GPD RO/DI. It works as advertised, and is very soundly constructed. J&L has them priced the same as the Kent 60GPD units. So why wouldn't you get a 100GPD that does the same thing for the same money, and uses cartridges that cost half as much to replace? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Titus is correct, the cartridges are standard refills, which I suspect is why they are so much cheaper than the Kent ones. I'm also glad that I can get my replacements from J&L now, rather than ordering them directly from Dave at Reefpure. (Although I get them even cheaper from Dave directly)

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others looking for an RO/DI unit. I know Scott has seen my unit (ok no jokes here) and possibly Jamie as well (don't remember if I had it out when he stopped by?)

(Again, I know it sounds funny, but it's not!)

Jack
01-09-2002, 04:44 AM
Wahoo, well that puts away all my questions and doubts. Thanks andrew. Well, that looks like the one I'm going to get then. Just gotta wait till next paycheck and that baby is mine. I figure this is one of the biggest steps in a reef tank, other than lighting. Why bother have a tank that looks like @$%! with algae? I know cause I'm at that stage right now. But anyways, now I'm going to be happy. Except about restarting images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

titus
01-09-2002, 05:53 AM
Hello,

It's interesting to see how in this hobby quality or prices can be so different from different reputable companies.

And Jack, I think the next step for you is the calcium reactor. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And you can get that one from here, right here local. Canreef is the name.

Aquattro
01-09-2002, 09:32 AM
Titus, do you have pictures of your new design? Were you able to cut down the production costs?

Jack
01-09-2002, 03:42 PM
yeah, i would actually consider buying a calcium reactor off you in future, how much?