PDA

View Full Version : Fight!

Der_Iron_Chef
01-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, not really. Just two blastomussas fighting for a big chunk of mysis during feeding last night :smile:

http://xa8.xanga.com/2e0d057b30530102957031/m72649379.jpg

Delphinus
01-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Cool picture.

Question: do you turn your current off to feed your blasto's mysis? I try to feed mysis to mine but their feeding response is so slow that I have to turn everything off. (Not only wavemaker on feed mode, but turn off my sump return as well.)

My other challenge with feeding mysis is that my copperbanded butterfly will steal any and all mysis if he notices it being fed to a coral, so I have to sit there for like 10 minutes until it's 100% swallowed, to chase him away. And doggone it he's determined to get that mysis. I almost need to pull my blasto's and my dendro's into a different tank just so that they have a fighting chance of eating.

Der_Iron_Chef
01-24-2007, 04:18 PM
I turn off one pump, and leave the other on (that one circulates toward the rear of the tank). I have no closed loop or sump return, so I don't have to worry about that.

My blastos have a pretty quick feeding response, and I've never seen any of my fish try to steal their food. Granted, I only have three and one of them doesn't eat the mysis! I do feed my fish a big meal before I feed my corals, so maybe that also helps?

Question for you--how often do you feed your blastos?

Delphinus
01-24-2007, 04:46 PM
About once a week maybe... not very strict about it, if I have some extra mysis or something I'll offer it. How often are you feeding?

Der_Iron_Chef
01-25-2007, 01:56 AM
I also feed about once a week. I'm not very strict on it either.

Manny
01-25-2007, 03:15 AM
picture of the month, you can call it feeding time