PDA

View Full Version : Maxi-Jet 1200 - HELP!!

andsoitgoes
01-24-2007, 04:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I need some help - I got a great deal on a blueline wavetimer and a set of 4 MJ 1200's, but the problem is I don't have intake screens or the suction cup mounts for any of them - rendering them pretty useless in my tank except to pump water!! :(

I need to, as CHEAPLY and easily as possible, find something to be able to mount them. at least 2 - 3 of these will be for my display tank, so I'd like something that's a bit more attractive than zap strapping and epoxy - If I can buy replacement parts for a few dollars, that'd be okay, too - Just would love some ideas and assistance here without it costing a fortune :)

Appreciate the help all!

Nick

andresont
01-24-2007, 10:04 AM
J&L has good magnets, but good staff never comes cheep...

andsoitgoes
01-24-2007, 02:02 PM
<shudder> - Yeah, that's going just a WEEE bit more than I wanted to spend. Just a smidge.

And it doesn't get me the pre-filter either - I'd prefer a direct replacement part or something DIY that would be simple and easy (cuz if it's possible to be screwed up - I'll screw it up :))

Reefer Rob
01-24-2007, 05:17 PM
You can make your own mounts using plexy glass strips and nylon screws. Just heat and bend the plexy so you can hang them off the tank. Way more reliable that the suction cup mounts. If you have none of the mounting hardware, you can glue the maxijet to the plexy.

Raf
01-24-2007, 05:45 PM
how many do you need, I can see If I have some spare parts....

andsoitgoes
01-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Awesome, thanks for the help guys, I should be kosher now! :)

TNTCanada
01-25-2007, 04:04 AM
I might have a couple kicking around.... I will look to see what I have.

Cheers
Tyler

andsoitgoes
01-25-2007, 04:49 AM
man - I'm amazed daily how awesome people are here, thanks so much!