PDA

View Full Version : ELOS Expert line Test kit ( NH3/NH4)

bullit67
01-22-2007, 02:17 AM
I have been eyeing up these test kits for a while now I was a little unsure about the price But after using it I will buy some more. The kit comes in a small box the contents are sealed in a resaelable bag. The instructions are clear and easy to understand. In the front of the box you will find the colour card with quick referance instruction.The kit is much like any other test kit it contanes 2 bottles, one vial of powder, a siringe,test vial and a messuring spoon. it is strait forward and easy to use the one thing I realy like is instead of a fine dusty powder in the vial they use a course crystal it dosent compact like a powder and it measures alot better then a powder. The colours are defined and easy to differentiate between them. All in all I like it and will be buying some more

Doug

Johnny Reefer
01-22-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm looking forward to trying this too. I've been using the Elos PO4 kit, but alas...that is all my LFS is carrying. I suspect they will carry the other kits soon. Thanx for the review.

Cheers,

RonPeter
01-22-2007, 04:04 AM
I get all my ELOS kits from Mike at Hidden Reef.

niloc16
01-22-2007, 04:47 AM
the elos kits rock in my opinion, im using KH CA PO4 nitrate and they are all easy to use

andsoitgoes
01-22-2007, 05:33 AM
what does the price run on these guys?

niloc16
01-22-2007, 05:49 AM
it varies quite a bit depending on the kit i think anywhere from $29 to $45.

kwirky
01-25-2007, 05:46 PM
i've got an elos kH and an elos pH, and they're both excellent products. I'd say equal with salifert in quality of the chemicals. The pH colour chart is EXCELLENT, best I've ever seen. It's so good I just calibrate my pH monitor to whatever the Elos kit says. No guesswork ever, between colours.

Only complaint I have is the written instructions, and the diagrams on their little cards inside seem to contradict each other for some of the steps. Often time lengths are described by words such as "shortly" or "briefly", instead of telling me "a second or two" or "ten seconds" (like salifert does); I look at the diagram card, and it tells me to put all my drops in for titrating kh, THEN mix it for 30 seconds... lol

It's nice having the little ziplock bag inside though. Made me get ziplock bags outa the kitchen for all my salifert test kits :mrgreen: