PDA

View Full Version : CanReef Posting Font

Johnny Reefer
01-20-2007, 03:40 AM
When making a post by way of a Word document....what font style and size should be used so that it comes out "normal" after the copy and paste?

Thanx much,

andsoitgoes
01-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Easiest way would be to save your word doc as text only, no formatting.

Or you can copy and past the text into notepad and then copy it into here from there - those are the safest ways and easiest!

Delphinus
01-20-2007, 05:16 AM
Font seems to be Verdana.

The newer versions that we upgraded to seems to insist on retaining certain WYSIWYG properties. It drives me nuts that when I insert a photo it switches to the photo. If I make a typo or insert the wrong one I can't edit it, I have to delete it and paste in again. Unfortunately we had to do the upgrades as they were a recommendation by the software company who wrote it, as it had enhanced means of spam protection (we went through a period where the amount of spam was getting out of hand).

Anyhow, try Verdana. Or as was suggested, copy out of Notepad as it won't have any RTF properties, will just be raw text.

andsoitgoes
01-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Okay - I'm at home now at my computer.

Font you want to use is Verdana, font size is 10. Copy and paste that and you'll get exactly the forum default.

I'll take a bow now, and I accept payments in frags, tanks, or PVC pipe choosing assistance!! :)

Johnny Reefer
01-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Verdana 10. Okay, thanx.

I'll take a bow now, and I accept payments in frags, tanks, or PVC pipe choosing assistance!! :)

Get the white stuff, IMO. Payment made :wink:.

Cheers,