PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Fish Feeder?

Jaws
01-18-2007, 06:34 PM
So I'm having a bit of a problem with feeding lately. Because I work a 8-5 job but don't get home until around 6:00, I'm only able to feed twice a night and usually the feeding is a little heavier than normal because I can't feed more often. I've considered an auto feeder but I imagine that the flakes or cyclopeeze would just float on top of the water and end up going down the overflow. Can anyone comment on this? Can anyone reccommend the best autofeeders?

Pescador
01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
I've used an Eheim feeder when I've gone on vacation with a mix of pellet and flake. You can get one of those floating feeding rings with a suction cup and have the food fall into it.
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B00068K8IU.01-A2LDZGFAGG1QXE._AA200_SCLZZZZZZZ_V41857254_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00068K8IU/ref=dp_image_0/105-5421485-8310851?ie=UTF8&n=284507&s=kitchen)

Jaws
01-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Great idea. I've never seen those before until you pointed me in the right direction. Have any opinions on some of the better feeders?

Pescador
01-18-2007, 07:18 PM
I really liked the Eheim feeder, it has a little fan to keep it from getting plugged and it has a lot of setting options.

I saw this one recently in a Marine Depot ad.
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=CU08024

RicePaddy
01-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I use an Eheim automatic feeder and it works great. You can set it to dispense only during the daylight hours if you so desire. I also make use of the above water circles that sit on top of the water to contain the food in a specific area. The fish will learn real quick where to find the food and as they pick at the flakes on the top the rest start to drop.

Will

Reefer Rob
01-18-2007, 10:28 PM
You can make you own feeding ring out some of airline tubing. Just anchor it in place with fishing line and a suction cup

Jaws
01-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks guys.

bulletsworld
01-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Last month I went shopping for an auto feeder, so I could leave on vacation. So many feeder to choose from. After rave reviews, I ended up getting an Eheim feeder too. Very impressed with it. You can setup may feedings a day if you want. Has a digital display thats easy to use. It was $89.99 at Big Al's here and they had a flyer coupon for $30 Off. WooHOO! I couldn't believe how expensive auto feeders were though.

But ya know, after being back from vacation, I still use this feeder. Very handy to have. Takes the worry about making sure you rush home to feed your fish friends.

Ruth
01-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Last month I went shopping for an auto feeder, so I could leave on vacation. So many feeder to choose from. After rave reviews, I ended up getting an Eheim feeder too. Very impressed with it. You can setup may feedings a day if you want. Has a digital display thats easy to use. It was $89.99 at Big Al's here and they had a flyer coupon for $30 Off. WooHOO! I couldn't believe how expensive auto feeders were though.

But ya know, after being back from vacation, I still use this feeder. Very handy to have. Takes the worry about making sure you rush home to feed your fish friends.

But even more important where is your thread on your vacation! Well........maybe not more important but equally.:mrgreen:

bulletsworld
01-19-2007, 09:43 PM
But even more important where is your thread on your vacation! Well........maybe not more important but equally.:mrgreen:

I guess i better get on that hey. :mrgreen: Will post that thread this weekend with pictures :mrgreen: