PDA

View Full Version : Pump Question

Bruzer
01-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Just picked that 90 gallon setup off chaloupa.(love it)
just had a question for you guyz it has duel overflows with 1" bulkheads so thats 600 gph per side right? if so im gonna want a pump that will do around 1200 gph at a 4ft head. Lemme know if im wrong here never set up a sump before. Just wondering what pump you guyz would recommend the tank is going to be in our living room dosn't have to be super quiet be a little bit would be nice. plan on adding duros in the overflows

TRIX
01-17-2007, 11:22 PM
I picked up a Sedra 2000gph from Albert for around $200 and change. It's only been running for about a month. It's quite quiet. At night you can hear it but during the day you barely know it's running. Neil was over at my place and I think he has the mag 12 so he could give you a good comparison.

JOEL
01-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Can you tell me what duros are?

Der_Iron_Chef
01-18-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant durso (http://www.aurx.net/saltwater/durso.html).

Myanth
01-19-2007, 12:35 AM
I've got a 90 with about 1100 GPH w/four foot head through the sump. I've been using a little giant sealed submersible fountain pump for a little over a year now. It has always worked great and there is no sign of wear whatsoever. It is made completely of ABS with absolutely no metal in contact with the water.

It's been great, and a steal at $110 bucks. Just have to have a syphon break on the pressure hose in case of power outage.

Mike

Farrmanchu
01-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Sounds like you've worked out the GPH right. You don't want to go too low with the GPH, or the plumbing will want to suck too much air.