PDA

View Full Version : wtb battery backup

blaster
01-15-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't even no where to look,but power outages are getting expensive.suggestions

fkshiu
01-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Computer stores for UPSs (Uninterrupted power supply). Hardware stores for generators and Crappy Tire has some nifty power inverters as well. UPS and inverters may only last you a few hours depending on your equipment and the size of your tank. Generators keep going as long as you keep putting gas in, but can be quite noisy unless you get a nice Honda or Yamaha in which case your looking at quite a bit of $$$.

rattler
01-15-2007, 11:22 PM
If you are at home when the power goes out I would suggest a portable generator . Be careful though, a cheap generator has a very poor current stream ( A electric guru will have the proper name for it), with this unstable stream electrical components are subject to large flucuations that they might not like. I use a 2800 watt inverter by yamaha and do not have these problems. The size you need will depend on the total wattage you are using. Best not to max out the output of the generator. two and a half gallons of fuel will last over 9 hours at part throttle with this generator.

Geoff