PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Wrasses & Shrimp

Murminator
01-15-2007, 04:43 AM
I remember someone telling me one time these cannot be kept together it just makes an expensive meal. Just wondering if anyone has kept a blue sided fairy with cleaner and or pepermint shrimps

Delphinus
01-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Really? I would have guessed it would have been OK.

I never had shrimp in with my bluesides though. I had a red fairy wrasse (rubriventralis) and a lubbocki in with shrimp though (peppermints and cleaners) and don't ever recall a problem.

But maybe it's hit and miss? I'm not sure. My *guess* is that fairies are OK as they are usually mild-mannered ideal reef tank candidates (other than their propensity for jumping :neutral:), but with other wrasses I could see it being a problem with shrimp (coris or other larger wrasses) although again that's just a guess on my part.

scub steve
01-15-2007, 04:46 AM
yup i did and i did not have any problems till i zaaped my tank

Pier Pressure
01-15-2007, 03:44 PM
I have only had a 28 gallon saltwater aquarium up and running for two months but I have a blue sided fairy wrasse in with a camel shrimp and two cleaner shrimp and they seem to get along just fine.

Moogled
01-15-2007, 06:39 PM
I have a Lubbock's and Carpenter's Fairy Wrasse in my tank with 2 cleaner shrimp. They don't pay any attention whatsoever to each other.

If I'm going to venture a guess, I believe that most reef-safe wrasses will do okay with any kinds of shrimp.

Murminator
01-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Well I guess that settles that thanks guys :mrgreen: