andresont
01-15-2007, 04:33 AM
http://www.reefchili.com/ebayreefchili.html
Is anybody using this product?
Any feedback would be apreciated.
Thx.

Borderjumper
01-15-2007, 04:51 AM
We've been feeding it twice a week for a few months now. Everything including the fish love it! No matter what time of the day we feed it all the corals including the suncorals and favia's wake up and extend fully.

Cameron
01-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Im interested in trying it after Shelly's raving reviews.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
01-15-2007, 08:07 AM
I believe it is mainly freeze dried cyclopeeze.

Chaotic Cricket
01-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I've used both and I find reef roids a little better. I use reef roids in my own mix i make at home and find it works better and is far more economical. The reviews on reef central i read didn't give it much either. But then again not everyone liked reef roids either. I always find I like to try something myself before i completely discount it.

OCDP
01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
It was my understanding that reef chili was just cyclopeeze as well (for the most part) .

I like Reef-Roids. I like the fact that if you accidently use too much, it won't cause a horrible algae outbreak (like cyclopeeze...) The small size makes it easy to feed all your corals... I have had good success with weekly feedings of reef-roids.

Scott

andsoitgoes
01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
What are your guys' best tips on using stuff like this or Reef-Roids (which I now kick myself for not picking up at J&L, grumble) = it sounds very interesting and would be nice to add in to really kickstart some growth.

Chaotic_Cricket - What do you do to make your own "Roids", love to hear some more on this!

Borderjumper
01-15-2007, 07:22 PM
It was my understanding that reef chili was just cyclopeeze as well (for the most part) .

I like Reef-Roids. I like the fact that if you accidently use too much, it won't cause a horrible algae outbreak (like cyclopeeze...) The small size makes it easy to feed all your corals... I have had good success with weekly feedings of reef-roids.

Scott

Its a little more than just cyclopeeze:biggrin:
I have never used reefroaids.. so I cant compair the two. What I like about the reefchili is the fact it has all different size particles in it. It also stays suspended in the water colum for quite a while instead of just falling to the bottom. Im not trying to sell anyone on anything.. just my personal experiance. Heres a list of ingrediants from their website.

Zooplankton

This type of zooplankton is well known for extremely high levels of important fatty acids (Omega 3). It can have as much as 40 times the Highly
Unsaturated Fatty Acids (HUFA's) of Artemia nauplii (baby brine shrimp).
Tests have also shown this zooplankton to have uniquely high levels of
beneficial antioxidants and Carotenoid pigments (astaxanthene} .
(400 to 500 microns)

Spray-dried Phytoplankton

Phytoplankton is considered by most aquarists to be the best all around feed for aquatic filter feeders. Spray-dried phytoplankton has the benefit of
being preserved at the height of its nutritional value so you always know you
are feeding your tank the very best..
(2-900 microns depending on how well it is mixed )

Artemia nauplii replacement diet

For years it has successfully replaced live Artemia nauplii all over the world. The feed contains small pockets of air that keep it suspended in the water
column and help it mimic live Artemia nauplii. Because of its size and
nutritional value it is simply prefect for supplemental coral feeding.
Contains Fish protein, whey, yeast and yeast extracts, marine fish oil, phospholipids,
astaxanthin, vitamin and mineral premixes, anti-oxidants
(1-50 mcirons and 50-100 microns)

Freeze dried Rotifers

Rotifers are a wonderful zooplanktonic treat for your corals. These rotifers are naturally enriched by feeding on micoalgaes like phytoplankton and
contain up to an incredible 60% protein. These are also freeze dried at the
peak of their nutritional value. The freeze dried rotifers completely remove the
tedious task of maintaining the cultures.
(100-200 microns)

Freeze dried Copepods

Because of the high HUFA and fatty acid content, copepods are one of the best natural foods available for invertebrates. Aquaculture companies all
over the world use them in vast quantity’s. Freeze dried at the peak of their
nutritional cycle they are able to maintain up to 57% protein.
(100-400 microns)

Dried Daphnia

Also known as the water flea, daphnia is an excellent coral food. The crustacean naturally comes packed with incredibly healthy blue-green algae
. Blue green algae are an incredible source of highly unsaturated fatty acids
(HUFA’s) like Arachidonic Acid, Alpha-Linolenic Acid and Linoeic Acid.
(5 -750 microns)

Spirulina Powder

The benefits of blue green algae are incredible. This type of algae is packed full of vitamins , minerals, carotenoid pigments and amino acids, making it
very nutritious for all the organisms in your tank
{50-100 microns).

christyf5
01-15-2007, 07:53 PM
I use both reef chili and reef roids. I can't say I like one over the other but I also believe that they both have their merits and provide a varied diet for critters in my tank. It seems to me that the reef-roids is a finer powder as well and may suit the tinier critters in my tank, while the reef chili gets the rest.