PDA

View Full Version : Deltec MCE300 skimmer?

Diana
01-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Anybody have this skimmer or seen it in action? Pros? Cons?

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/skimmers.php?product_ID=DD-P0300

Samw
01-20-2007, 05:48 AM
I want to know too. I'm thinking of replacing my AquaC Urchin with this skimmer. Need to know what is the minimum height I need in order to remove the collection cup. Also need to know if it will work in-sump. Finally, I need to know if it works with ozone.

andresont
01-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Dont know about MCE-300.
I use MEC 600. Dont like collection cup design. too small, if overfolws and gets full fast. It spits micro drops everywhere (from the orifice on top of the collection cup cover). they say it is protected from overflowing - BS. It does overflow very easy and there is nothing you can do other then wipeing out this mess. My tank is new, no live stock, no snails, just live rock 80% cured. so output pipe was not blocked, skimmer just started foaming like creasy and overflowed.Collection cup was high and ok for a week already, just added two new probes (Ph and ORP) thats all that was changed, so dont know why it overflowed...
and also i would like it to be quiet(er).

MobyDick
01-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Not ryin to be a ass but if why not spend bit more for the MCE-600 that way you can use it still if you up grade.

Diana
01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
yeah, we decided to go for the MCE600 afterall, perhaps even two if needed....

thanks guys :)