PDA

View Full Version : shamefaced crab

windeindoiel
01-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I just bought one of these, he's about 2.5 inches wide. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these and more importantly, what should I be feeding him? He seems to have acclimated well and after a few days is scuttling all over the front of the tank (which is nice, he stays in view). I'm worried he isn't getting any food though, anyone ever kept these guys before?

AndyL
01-14-2007, 05:04 PM
He's a carnivore... Claws look an awful lot like that funky spoon for eating snails dontcha think? There's good reason for that!

Good luck with it!

G1GY
01-14-2007, 05:06 PM
If you have snails in the tank.......... He'll be eating like a king in no time. :)

windeindoiel
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah I read that they eat snails, that's about the extent of info I could find on them though (oh except someone had one eat an emerald crab). I have big snails and little tiny snails in my tank, to me his claws look like they're made for the big snails, but will he eat the little ones too? I still see lots of snails so I don't know if he's actually gone after my big guys, and that was why I was concerned, I don't want him to starve. Do you think he'd eat pieces of shrimp and that? So far he shys away from me when I try to spot feed him and all the other fish in there are really aggressive eaters so they don't help either, but when the 30 gal is set up he'll be going in there, and won't have to deal with fish.