PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys.................

woodcarver
01-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Hi Guys , Reporting from Koh Samui Thailand! Have been here three weeks ,one more to go !
Gorgeous weather ,beautiful beaches ,great food.
I am a beginner snorkler but had a great time yesterday at Koh Tao , an island and hour and a half north of Koh Samui. I had difficulty at first with sealing my mask as I have a beard but some vaseline did the trick and I was able to snorkel without water immediately going up my nose :) :) Saw a whole variety of fish ,a little difficult to identify other than the obvious " dora" and assorted butterflys and angels.
The Thai dive coach fed the fish with bread from the boat and was able to actually pick them out of the water !!( Putting them back quickly of course )
Have booked to go out again to Koh Nang Yuan which looks fantastic and is supposed to have lovely reefs .
Will try the cheapy underwater camera on Thursday but dont expect too much .
Now then ,was it massage first or a dip in the pool ...........................
Regards ...............................Dave

G1GY
01-14-2007, 07:47 AM
You lucky dog!

:)

woodcarver
01-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Hey Gary, Whats your weather like? :) :)
........................Dave

G1GY
01-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Hey Gary, Whats your weather like? :) :)
........................Dave

Right now it's about -17 in Calgary. :(

Enjoy the last week of your vacation Dave. :)

Ruth
01-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh man I was in Koh Samui and Koh Tao last March- it was so wonderful. I took my PADI diving certification on Koh Tao at the Coral Grande - highly recommended. Enjoy. I would go back in a flash - particularly to Koh Tao!

Aquattro
01-14-2007, 05:38 PM
I'll be on koh tao around the 29th, but it sounds awful. Hot weather, white sandy beaches, massage, drinks on the beach, all that strenuous snorkelling..... But hopefully I'll get through it!! :)

Matt
01-14-2007, 07:42 PM
I love - LOVE - Koh Toa. One of my favourite places in Thailand. I'm SO jealous right now. I have to go back. Maybe next winter...

woodcarver
01-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the replies guys :) ;)

Brad .if you are snorkling as opposed to diving make sure you go to Koh Nang Yuan ,just next to Koh Toa . Koh Toa is not all that clear at the moment tho' still O.k. We went with a diving group and only snorkled from the boat without beach access.

Koh Nang Yuan is apparently better for snorkling and the trip includes access to the beautiful beaches and hill top view point.You cannot use flippers on this reef but can snorkel from the shore .
Will have all the details after Thursday.................

On our first trip the water was choppy so the ride in a speed boat was fairly wild . We were on a bigger launch with the divers and the water was calm .
On Thursday we will be on a large catermaran which should be even smoother .( getting older :) :) )
.......................Dave