PDA

View Full Version : Van Lower Mainland Group Buy

Samw
11-04-2002, 06:07 AM
I saw that SWC is having a sale on DT's. Not sure if this is related to the PowerBuy or not. Anyhow, I am interested in a 15oz bottle but with shipping costs, I probably won't save much. I suggest that we order as a group and then have SWC ship it to a central location for pickup. I would volunteer to have it shipped here but its not a central location. If you guys are interested and don't mind picking it up here, then let's do it.

robert
11-04-2002, 06:47 AM
Sam mark me down for one 15oz bottle.

sumpfinfishe
11-05-2002, 05:05 AM
Dido! If the price is right, put me down for a 15 oz as well :D

One_Divided
11-05-2002, 05:32 AM
Not to start a big debate or anything but I thought I'd share my experience with DTs.

I used DTs regularly for a good 4-5 months. I have been off for 2 months now and I have noticed no difference whatsover in colouration, polyp extension or growth.

I would use this product again if I had several clams in my tank, but untill I do, I feel DTs is a waste of money for me.

Tests have been conducted regarding the feeding of acropora polyps. No plant matter whatsoever was found in the digestive system of the coral. However, DTs will likely promote production of microphona and therefor, indirectly feed corals. How much this food contributes to actual coral growth, I can't even guess.

StirCrazy
11-05-2002, 05:34 AM
I did notice a sharp increase in "Pod" Population with it but I am now finding I am doing better with just golden pearls

Steve

Samw
11-05-2002, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I don't think Acroporas benefit from DT's directly. I'm buying it for my clams, sponges, and various pods.

If I can get 6 confirmations, then I'll go ahead and order them from Jayson.

Samw
11-06-2002, 09:04 AM
OK, not enough responses so far means I won't be getting my DT's cheaply. :(

So let's change the topic here. Who's interested in buying something (anything) from SWC and having it sent to a central location?

This way, a group of us could buy dry goods of our choice but rather than paying $20 for shipping, we'll split it amongst the group of us. If we have 10 people, then shipping becomes $2 each. I propose that we set a certain deadline (either date or number of people) where we all agree on what we want to buy. Then, we give our orders to SWC and pay for them individually. We tell SWC that we want our orders to be shipped to the same place (Of course, SWC will have to agree to this.) Then once everyone places their order, it gets shipped and we all pick it up from the central location.