PDA

View Full Version : FS: Dosing Pump/Top off - SOLD

EmilyB
01-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I am going to sell the dosing pump I bought from Fish:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24800&highlight=topoff

It hasn't been used since I bought it. $180. Sorry no shipping, I don't have any boxes.

Funky_Fish14
01-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Would you happen to have a picture? I forget what it looks like, and do you know the dimensions?

And if Chad happens to poke his head in here, any idea to a link to the actual manufacturers website, or one about the unit?

Thanks!

Chris

EmilyB
01-11-2007, 11:25 PM
They have a spec sheet on advantages website where you can find all the details for the model RB30X1-PVC1 (1.25gph at 110 psi).

http://www.advantagecontrols.com/literature/CatalogManuals/Data%20Sheets/Pumps/DATA%20S%20MODEL%20R%20PUMP.pdf

Fish
01-12-2007, 03:13 AM
And here I am. I know from hunting around the internet that it is hard to find a price listed on one of these because most places want you to call for a quote. These pumps are usually in the $1000.00 range though. Seriously!

This is not a 'fish tank' piece of equipment. This pump is built for industrial or laboratory applications. After research, I adopted it to my reef-related task because I decided that a diaphragm metering pump was the only way to safely inject ro/di topoff water to my pressurize closed loop. I was lucky to score the pump off ebay from an employee of an engineering firm that was tasked with selling off a couple pieces of unused equipment. All I used it for was to pump pure ro/di topoff water to my nano. So the pump is still in perfect condition, considering these things are built to also pump nasty stuff like acid, chlorine, etc

This one has the digital display which also means that it has the option to toggle from 'strokes/minute' to 'strokes/hour' - so you can use it to dose ultra low quantities as well. To give you an example, I set the pump to dose 3/4 of a milliliter every three minutes - the exact rate that water evaporated in my nano. This means that even though it was a 2gal nano - the salinity was rock solid... with less fluctuation than most 100gal systems out there.
I don't remember what the max output is but you can use this pump to add topoff/suppliments to whatever system you have - whether it is a shot glass pico or a 300gal...

Sorry if I sound like a salesman... I can't say enough good about this pump. It is hardcore!

- Chad

(You can see it in a couple of my videos)

EmilyB
01-12-2007, 05:09 AM
Sold to Delphinus. :mrgreen:

Fish
01-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Congrats Tony!
Ir's pretty straight forward, but if you need a hand figuring out the menu, I'd be glad to help.

- Chad

Delphinus
01-12-2007, 05:24 AM
Thanks man! I might need to call you up on that. :)

Funky_Fish14
01-13-2007, 05:01 AM
I was just working the parents on this one... Darn. Good snag Tony!

Chris

Delphinus
01-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Sorry Chris!!! As soon as I saw it I thought it could work to feed my sulfur reactor, I was thinking (hoping) a more consistent flowrate might resolve my headaches with that thing.

muck
01-13-2007, 06:12 AM
I was just working the parents on this one... Darn. Good snag Tony!

Chris

Chris, Chris... Life Lesson #382: Its always easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. :mrgreen:

Funky_Fish14
01-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Haha, maybe that Visa of mine(Co-signed by my Dad) can come in handy! :p (naw... I wouldnt do that, im not dumb with it, lol).

Well, I hope it will work great for you Tony!
+Congrats Deb on the quick sale!