PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from J&L. Newbie questions.

OCDP
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
I sent J&L an e-mail but no reply yet. I need a bit of info in regards to shipping.

I want to setup an order with UPS express (overnight?) , basically I want to order my stuff before 11am on Thursday , so that I can have the package delivered at my home onFriday. Does anyone know if there will be any problems with this? The package must be at my house for Friday in order for this to all work out properly , so I am wanting to know if my order is placed before 11am on Thursday, will it arrive at my door Friday morning?

Sorry.. total online shopping n00b. Just want to have the info sooner rather than later just in case J&L doesn't get back to me in time to place the order and so on ...

Thanks for the help...
Scott

Joe Reefer
01-10-2007, 08:06 PM
You will more than likely have the package friday morning....at least that is how fast my last overnight package came.

fortheloveofcrabs
01-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I think you should be okay. I would just call though.

(888) 840-1146

HTH

-Pauli

OCDP
01-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Oops, forgot I could have easily phoned them. Thanks for the input, though. Seems like as long as the order is placed before 11am tomorrow morning then it should arrive at my place by Friday morning.

I'll let you know if everything arrives on schedule. :razz:

muck
01-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Provided the weather cooperates.. :wink:

OCDP
01-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Provided the weather cooperates.. :wink:

This has crossed my mind as well.. it's supposed to get right nasty out ...

Would you chance ordering it given my current "situation" ?? I mean, in reality the package should still make it to my place, just may take longer to get it that day due to driving conditions ?

Beverly
01-10-2007, 10:20 PM
If this was my order, I would wait until the weather got better to make sure it didn't get delayed anywhere.

SJSobczyk
01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I ship all over the country and the only time i see delays is on ground shipments. Usually on air shipments the company will lose too much money if that packaged doesnt make it on time.

Just my 2 cents

Steve

OCDP
01-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I ship all over the country and the only time i see delays is on ground shipments. Usually on air shipments the company will lose too much money if that packaged doesnt make it on time.

Just my 2 cents

Steve

So you figure it should be okay ? I can't see too much problems occurring ... it is drygoods after all... if it gets delayed then, I guess it's a chance I'll have to take. I'll contact J&L shortly and ask for their input.

mr_alberta
01-10-2007, 10:42 PM
If it is drygoods only, JL's may not ship it out immediately. I've found that they usually don't ship the order until a day or two after placing my online order.

Also, if it is drygoods only, they will just use UPS ground. which most likely wouldn't get to you within a day anyhow.

OCDP
01-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, I guess I'll just take a chance and see what happens, if it gets delayed then so be it.. it is afterall just drygoods. Seems silly to have the option to ship overnight and then not have it shipped overnight, though. ... :neutral:

I'll place the order by tonight, and we'll see what happens.

sprinter
01-10-2007, 11:08 PM
I had an order placed on Dec. 27. I was not in a hurry for the dry goods and told them to ship out when they had all the items I ordered. They shipped it out on Jan 4 and I just received the goods today at 3:00 pm UPS ground. What is so important that you need in overnight? Al

OCDP
01-10-2007, 11:22 PM
I had an order placed on Dec. 27. I was not in a hurry for the dry goods and told them to ship out when they had all the items I ordered. They shipped it out on Jan 4 and I just received the goods today at 3:00 pm UPS ground. What is so important that you need in overnight? Al

It's not the importance of what I need overnight, it's my current situation at home..... this method is what is most convinient for me , that's all. I don't own a vehicle so travelling to pick up packages doesn't work out so well for me. It can be done, but it's just not convinient for me...

Anyways, I'm off to place my order. :mrgreen:

sprinter
01-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Hope it all works out for you.

Delphinus
01-11-2007, 03:56 AM
Dude it will be fine. We're talking about drygoods, right? If nobody's home when the package is delivered they'll leave it on your doorstep (or sometimes with a neighbour).

Livestock though is different. I think they may still offer UPS to your door for that (overnighting) but typically you pick the package up at the airport (it's really better that way anyhow). But I totally wouldn't order anything live at this point until at least next week. If the package gets left out on the tarmac for any period of time it will be bad news.

But since this is drygoods, you're set.

EmilyB
01-11-2007, 06:48 AM
Just had some salt delivered UPS from J&L...it's awesome to have that delivered to your door, the UPS guy was less than impressed..."you have FOUR of these ??!!"

OCDP
01-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Everything is here, and made it on time. Man that Tunze nanostream adds a ton of flow to my tank. No dead spots in the 20g now, that's for sure.

Overall, a great first online shopping experience. (drygoods, etc) Very impressed with J&L's customer service.

Thanks again to all for the help.

Der_Iron_Chef
01-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Just had some salt delivered UPS from J&L...it's awesome to have that delivered to your door, the UPS guy was less than impressed..."you have FOUR of these ??!!"

Hah!!