PDA

View Full Version : Copperbands and LPS?????

Scavenger
01-08-2007, 07:04 PM
I've been toying around with the idea of trying a copperband in my mixed 110.
So far I've read hit and miss stories in regards to LPS I don't have clams or anemones but was hoping some Canreefers might have some first hand experience with copperbands and LPS. Any success or horror stories out there. If your fish picked on your LPS, which coral did it target? Was it severe or mild?? ECT. ECT..... Thanks for your input and helping my decision.

Delphinus
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
I have a copperbanded in with a green bubble coral, blastomussa, torch, candycane, and 4 clams .... no trouble in the six months I've had the fish so far.

In fact my experience so far is that they are somewhat fussy eaters. Won't touch anything processed (like flake or pellet or whatever). Pretty much mysis and other frozen foods only. I've started offering clams from the seafood section about once or twice a week just to make sure he's getting enough variety.

DanG
01-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I had a CBB, he never touched my frogspawn, GBTA, candycane or zoos.

Richard_Dicosimo
01-08-2007, 08:02 PM
my copper band wouldnt touch corals at all, just aptasia and feather dusters.

Richard

howdy20012002
01-08-2007, 08:06 PM
CBB's and featherdusters definitely don't mix
Beyond that, I never had any problems.
Neal

Scavenger
01-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks for all the positive input so far. I know these guys are fussy feeders, but the tank is in my office, and I'm always around it. I have yet to have a fussy eater that I couldn't get feeding. It was just my beloved LPS that had me worried. I tell ya, this is becoming an itch that's hard not to scratch!! <grin>