PDA

View Full Version : WTB- 25 OR 50w heater

dolphinpoint
01-08-2007, 03:44 AM
If anyone has a used 25 or 50w heater suitable for a 2.5 gall. nano and is willing to sell for a reasonable price please PM me! (For Calgary pickup only)

G1GY
01-08-2007, 03:46 AM
If anyone has a used 25 or 50w heater suitable for a 2.5 gall. nano and is willing to sell for a reasonable price please PM me! (For Calgary pickup only)

I'll check out in the garage tomorrow and pm you if I have one. If so, you can have it.

G1GY
01-09-2007, 12:30 AM
I have a Tronic 100w heater here that has been used very little. It's yours for free if you want to come and get it.

I'll PM you my telephone number. :)

Chaloupa
01-09-2007, 01:33 AM
In my 2.5 gallon I use a 25w heater and it does the job really well...sorry I am not pointing you in the right direction for one...but just thought I would tell ya what I use!

dolphinpoint
01-09-2007, 02:42 AM
Thanks Chaloupa.
I am going to pick up the Tronic from G1GY and swap it with a 50w from another tank I have. Tell me more about what you have in your 2.5 Nano fun tank. I have a Red Sea 2.5 wave nano that I am going to start up.
Thanks,
Ron

Chaloupa
01-09-2007, 05:25 AM
Hey Ron!
My 2.5 gallon started after I saw the frag tank that Christy had, just to keep frags in. Nice and simple, light, filter and thats it.....Well of course the easy, no frills tank that we decided we would set up for frags as my rabbitfish developed a LOVE of zoos, GSP ... basically ANY coral, turned into a cute little showpiece (we were taking it down as soon as the corals went into their new homes...YAH RIGHT! not now!!).

I only have some zoos, ricordea, kenya trees in it right now, I just took some of the salvaged pieces out of it to go into my 14g biocube and the rock I had in there.

We built, out of pine, a little surround around the bottom to look like a stand and then we built a little cap for it to hold the Coralife light that we bought and to make it less likely that a goby would get out.....stained the "stand" and "cap" a nice cherry color, have an Aquaclear filter on the back for the heater, LR rubble and some macro algae that I have and there you have it. We have 2 sexy shrimp and a boxing crab (pom pom crab) in it, plus 2 hermits and a snail.....there is a small layer of sand as I still am not into the look of barebottom tanks. We are constructing a live rock arch to go into it so it looks a little different, and gives the illusion of a larger tank but have not finished that yet...it's actually a really fun project. And EASY too...except for the evaporation...but oh well. I add water daily... Cheap to add corals to as any coral you put in looks huge! Once the arch is finished I will put pictures up so we can compare! :biggrin: