PDA

View Full Version : anyone know where i can get TANK RAISED ROSE BUBBLE TIP ANEM

spikehs
01-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Hey all,

just like the title says, anyone know where i can get some tank raised rose bubble tip anemones?? I really wanna get some tank raised ones rather then from the wild, if anyone has any leads please let me know! thanks

Sean

smokinreefer
01-05-2002, 11:04 PM
havent heard of anyone locally having them, or across canada for that matter. there are a few individuals in the US that propagate them. dont know if they would ship here, but they will charge you some dollars tho.$$$$$$.

do a search on reefcentral...if your interested in contacting them.

reefburnaby
01-05-2002, 11:57 PM
Hi,

I tried to get them some time ago, but I waited for a year (waiting list) and I still couldn't get any. I gave up on the anemone thing and just bought some corals instead. Any way, they are pretty pricy (abour $200 for a small 3 inch one). The prices have gone up over the years.

You can try Paul's Aquarium and see if they can get it.

- Victor.

[ 05 January 2002: Message edited by: reefburnaby ]

canadawest
01-06-2002, 03:29 AM
I was in Paul's today and they had some nice white LTAs. No rose ones, but the whites are worth a look.

reefburnaby
01-06-2002, 03:39 AM
Hi,

The white ones eh images/smiles/icon_smile.gif You'll have to special order the rose ones.

- Victor.

Silverfish
01-06-2002, 10:39 PM
Lemme tell ya....
My girlfriend bought a cool BTA from Animal House in the spring and it was white. After some feeding and PC lighting right above it, it started getting some brown on the tenticles. Then it split into three BTA's. Now the biggest one's tips are turning a cool pink color!! Just noticed it a couple days ago.

Anyways, Spikehs, where are you at?

spikehs
01-06-2002, 11:04 PM
i'm in calgary, although i would be willing to ship, i conntacted saltwaterconnections, he said that he would look around, but i have a feeling the anemone would NOT be tank raised. If anyone knows of any locals whose are splitting that would be great as well. Thanks