PDA

View Full Version : AquaSafe Warning!

Keana
01-05-2007, 10:01 PM
First let me start off by saying that the water filters they sell are very good and come at a very good price. That said........

If your system comes damaged you may not get a replacement or resolution. I got my new system from them about a month ago. When it arrived the water tank was damaged. UPS must have dropped it or something. I took pictures of the damage and emailed them to AquaSafe, asking what I should do. They said that I should use the tank.

I don't want to use a damaged tank.. I paid $150 for something new and undamaged and that is what I want. UPS has a claims process where they will take care of all this. However it is AquaSafe that will get any refund, not the buyer. AquaSafe refuses to file any UPS claims. They will not handle any damaged claims, they simply refuse. Ihave several emails from Ed of AquaSafe where he says that they never file damage claims and simply expect people to use the damaged water tanks.

This is a warning about there very poor business practices and the way they ship. UPS claims that the damage may come from the way AquaSafe packaged the tank. They use no bubble wrap, simply a metal tank in a box. Just know that when you order you need to pray that nothing happens to your packages or you will most likely be left with a damaged system and no way of getting satisfaction. If you buy from them on eBay you are more likely to get fair treatment because the public feedback system is in place. I would suggest that anyone that buys from them should do it from eBay and read their feedbacks. They have many many "Neutral" feedbacks and many that were removed. Many comments in their feedback point to the problems I have experienced with them. I will never be buying from them again, no matter how cheep the system.

That said.... The system produces lots of cheep water.

danny zubot
01-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I work in a related field. If aquasafe will not file a damage claim, then you absolutely must, other wise they win.

File the damage claim with UPS to re-imburse the cost of a new tank. Then buy another one. Its not right, and its a PITA for you but if aquasafe won't honor their business practices than this is the only way for you to get satisfaction.

Sorry to hear about your hassles.

andsoitgoes
01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm of two schools of thought with this one.

Oh one side, I agree that you deserve an item in perfect, new condition.

However, on the other hand, it is like buying a new bathtub with the copper piping. The bathtub is the main, visible part. Bathtub has no scatches. The external covering on the piping has denting on it. Structurally thr piping is in perfect working shape, the dings are cosmetic. Do you request new piping or accept these things happen?

Ed from aquasafe makes it clear the damage on the water housing units is not uncommon. He also makes it clear that it will not affect the functionality of the units.

With these units being as inexpensive as they are, and with the unit designed to be stored away and out of sight, you have to weigh the cost of the unit versuses what is acceptable.

Does your storage container function? Does it leak water?

Also, take into account that you're almost getting the storage container for a very small additional amount.

I'm the first to demand what is deserved, but I think in this case you need to accept what is reasonable.

mark
01-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Sorry to hear, but I would keep on UPS.

Keana
01-05-2007, 11:23 PM
They are very cheep... And the water tank would still work. However... $35 US for shipping from North Vancouver to Downtown Vancouver and that shipment get damaged... I would like to get what I paid for. If they want to charge that much for shipping they should honor the UPS built in fail safe for damages: the claims process. If I've paid $35 US for shipping, I deserve the full quality of that shipping process and all the protections that should have gone with it. UPS is more than willing to pay for all damages however AquaSafe must file the claim and send the refund. UPS will only deal with the shipper on these matters, not the receiver.

That is why I posted this warning... These units are much less expensive than others and work very well but there is a underside to this deal..... Very bad customer service and a shipping charge that is very high for the quality of shipping you get.

Keana
01-05-2007, 11:41 PM
I had (or have?) an agreement with Ed. I agreed to do all the leg work on the claim with UPS, UPS agreed to handle the claim with me directly, all we need was for Ed to release the replacement cost for the tank and agree to allow UPS Claims to talk to me directly. Ed agreed to this. UPS has emailed and called Ed many times, even the UPS account rep for the AquaSafe account has tried contacting Ed several times for this information he agreed to give. However Ed has pulled a no show (or rather No communicate) and is not responding to the UPS calls or emails. It seems he has decided to not honor the deal we had. It has been about 2 weeks that UPS has trying to contact him with no luck.

Joe Reefer
01-05-2007, 11:44 PM
I dont understand why the shipper is the one who has to make the claim. You would think it should be the other way around.

WWWD
01-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Weird, we had some broken fittings when we ordered and he popped them right in the mail next day when I sent him a note. I suspect he is a bit like the soup nazi.

G1GY
01-06-2007, 12:02 AM
all we need was for Ed to release the replacement cost for the tank

$30.00

andsoitgoes
01-06-2007, 12:04 AM
I understand what you're saying. I know the shipping seems a little off, but knowing the size and the charge of ups, plus it is a good balance for their very low cost (yes, it's not "fair" but that's business, you have to find creative ways to balance your cost/profit) it's really not that crazy.

As for the requirement to ship, some people just do business like that. It's probably out of their home, and they don't want to expose their private lives.

And as for ed not getting back to you, you say it's been 2 weeks, could he maybe be away or backlogged? Is it jumping the gun a bit?

I'm not defending him, but I'm sure there's an explanation to the delay.

Let us know what happens though.

Keana
01-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Ed has just gotten back to me. He says that he has instructed there UPS account rep to handle this claim... I got a message from UPS saying that he has never do any such thing. To be fair.... UPS is no walk in the park. They are not very good with company communication and Ed may have talked to his account rep..? I feel like this will get sorted out but this whole mess has left me with a bad experience. I don't know that I ever want to deal with AquaSafe or UPS again.

andresont
01-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Ed has just gotten back to me. He says that he has instructed there UPS account rep to handle this claim... I got a message from UPS saying that he has never do any such thing. To be fair.... UPS is no walk in the park. They are not very good with company communication and Ed may have talked to his account rep..? I feel like this will get sorted out but this whole mess has left me with a bad experience. I don't know that I ever want to deal with AquaSafe or UPS again.
Just to add to this that i got Maximus system from him and 100 Gal per day membraine is only in fact a 30 Gal or less. I was filling 66 gal tank and in 24 hrs there was less then half full tank of water.
I got my system from E-bay though.

andsoitgoes
01-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Just to add to this that i got Maximus system from him and 100 Gal per day membraine is only in fact a 30 Gal or less. I was filling 66 gal tank and in 24 hrs there was less then half full tank of water.
I got my system from E-bay though.

Are you sure that is due to the membrane? A lot of factors play into the end flow.

Things like your water pressure and tds in your water will make the process run slower. So I don't know if the membrane is a "fraud' or faulty, it could just as easily be your water.

Keana
01-06-2007, 01:10 AM
These filters not being electric use water pressure. I don't know what the ideal pressure is? But I did read it somewhere so it may be worth finding out what your water pressure is.

trilinearmipmap
01-06-2007, 04:07 AM
On the one hand I am very happy with my aquasafe unit that I have had for 2 or 3 years I forget how long.

On the other hand you deserve an immediate refund from the vendor for the damaged part. The vendor chose to ship with UPS, the vendor chose whether or not to insure the shipment, and the vendor should spend his time and money sorting this out, not you.

Call your credit card company and do a chargeback. If you did not pay by credit card you are S.O.L.

andresont
01-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Are you sure that is due to the membrane? A lot of factors play into the end flow.

Things like your water pressure and tds in your water will make the process run slower. So I don't know if the membrane is a "fraud' or faulty, it could just as easily be your water.
You could be right my TDS is 21ppm pressure is aprox45psi. or more my kitchen faucet had a hair line cracked because strainer got plagged!
At any rate i am happy with the price and even with 30gal /day is ok for me my evaporation is very little in 60gal tank with PC lights.