PDA

View Full Version : Adding Shrooms

TRIX
01-01-2007, 02:46 AM
I just picked up some purple mushroom frag. ( Thanks Ed) How should I add them to my tank. Yes I know proper aclimation. Should I glue them or just place them on the rock

Der_Iron_Chef
01-01-2007, 03:37 AM
I've read that the best method is to put a container inside your tank, in a low flow area. Have sand in the bottom off the container, and the mushrooms will affix themselves to the sand. Then you can affix the mushroom/sand to the rockwork later on.

Having said that, I sewed mine on with needle and thread. Yikes! We'll see how it goes....:idea:

MikeP
01-01-2007, 03:59 AM
I've had success placing them on the rock I want and then putting something light like an empty shell on top to hold it in place. Usually by the next day the shroom is attached.

HTH

skylord
01-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Another way that is really easy is to place the mushroom on the rock you want then place a strip of nylon netting(bridal veil material)around the rock and over the mushroom. It costs about $3 a square meter and can be found at fabric stores. I wrap it just snug enough so they don't get away yet doesn't cut into them. Couple of days and you can remove the netting.

fkshiu
01-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Yep, go wedding veil stuff and LOW flow spot