PDA

View Full Version : Helping a Percula Clown host in a LTA

andsoitgoes
12-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Hi all,

I think I already know the answer to this one, but I'd like some tips if at all possible.

I had a percula clown that happily hosted in the carpet anemone that was completely unsuited for my tank. I was thrilled, could have spit at the joy of seeing them host together.

Well, that anemone is gone and I have some rose LTAs in my tank that are just thriving so far.

Problem is - my clown could care less about them. Boourns, I say.

I know that it's not a requirment for either the clown or the anemone to have the symbotic relationship, but gosh darn it I want it!! :(

Any tips? I've heard putting the little clownfish veggie clips or PVC tubing near the anemone and simple patience is the best, anything else from those who've done it before?

TIA!

Nick

Pan
12-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi all,

I think I already know the answer to this one, but I'd like some tips if at all possible.

I had a percula clown that happily hosted in the carpet anemone that was completely unsuited for my tank. I was thrilled, could have spit at the joy of seeing them host together.

Well, that anemone is gone and I have some rose LTAs in my tank that are just thriving so far.

Problem is - my clown could care less about them. Boourns, I say.

I know that it's not a requirment for either the clown or the anemone to have the symbotic relationship, but gosh darn it I want it!! :(

Any tips? I've heard putting the little clownfish veggie clips or PVC tubing near the anemone and simple patience is the best, anything else from those who've done it before?

TIA!

Nick

My uncle has had a few percs that didn't host with anything for over three years of being in a tank, then they hosted powerheads, leathers, frogspawns, hammers etc..(his tank is over 3200 gallons though) I think they will host when and if they want, for instance my buddy has a maroon clown and a true perc(nemo wannabe) and the maroon hosted within 20 minutes of being put in, the other has been in the tank for a year and a half and just sits in a cave.

i have crabs
12-30-2006, 03:10 PM
feed the anemone everyday.

Chin_Lee
12-30-2006, 04:37 PM
nothing you can do. the fish will host in it when it wants to. mine didn't host in the rbta for 3 years until one day it decided to do so. I fed the rbta regularly and nothing happened except it grew in size. Just be patient.

andsoitgoes
12-30-2006, 06:38 PM
nothing you can do. the fish will host in it when it wants to. mine didn't host in the rbta for 3 years until one day it decided to do so. I fed the rbta regularly and nothing happened except it grew in size. Just be patient.

fair enough. I'm very much enjoying the anemones as is right now, so I'll let things progress accordingly. Thanks :)