PDA

View Full Version : Walt Smith Corals

zulu_principle
10-31-2002, 07:41 PM
Any opinions ?

Delphinus
10-31-2002, 08:46 PM
Supposedly very nice stuff, all aquacultured, so reasonably guilt-free.

Huge stuff too. I've seen (on Discovery Channel when they were profiled a while ago) what they call "frags" what I would call "a football sized mother colony."

Pricey, but probably well worth it. I don't have any myself. Anytime some outfit brings stuff in, half of it is presold, sight unseen, and the rest pretty much flies out the door within a day or two.

So somebody is sure liking the stuff .......

One_Divided
10-31-2002, 09:23 PM
www.aquariumpros.ca has been known to bring in shipments on occation. They have some pictures of it one their site... looks like some nice stuff!

zulu_principle
10-31-2002, 09:41 PM
I just tried to call AJ about 30 minutes ago and go a disconnected message.

Posted a note if anyone knew anything ??

Zulu

Bob I
10-31-2002, 09:55 PM
Does anyone know if AJ's setup ever really took off, or was it all a dream?

FishGeek
10-31-2002, 11:06 PM
Aquarium Illusions here in Edmonton used to bring in Wlt Smith stuff. I'm not sure if they still do! I remember the colors of the corals being very nice and the price being pretty high but I don't remember the size being very large.

Simon

saltcreep
11-12-2002, 04:33 AM
Just visited Walt's new setup in LA this past weekend. I have one word...AMAZING. Any picture does not do any of the product justice. As for sizing...he doesn't now the meaning of small. Can't wait to see some start showing up soon.

StirCrazy
11-12-2002, 04:41 AM
Does anyone know if AJ's setup ever really took off, or was it all a dream?

check there web page.. they changed locations to a biger place and got a new phone # but there was a screw up with the switching dates by the phone company.. it is all explained on there web page

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/index.php

Steve