PDA

View Full Version : Balls pickling lime for sale. AKA- Kalk

Canadian Man
10-30-2002, 11:55 PM
I went to the USA this summer and picked up a whole swack load of Balls Pickling Lime.
They are 1lb (454grams) containers so same size as the large Kent containers.
I don't need them anylonger as I got my reactor going.

I will sell them for $5.50 per container.

I think I have 12 for sale.

cheers

FishGeek
10-31-2002, 07:14 AM
Hey Jon! I need one and I'm sure Dez needs one also! And I think my friend needs one too. Can you hold on to 3 of them and I'll get Dez to pick it up next time he's in Calgary. I'll post tomorrow after I ask everybody!

Tanks
Simon

Canadian Man
10-31-2002, 07:29 AM
You bet Simon.
3 for the Edmontonians!(sorry for the wrong spelling, it's late :roll: )

FishGeek
10-31-2002, 08:33 PM
Me again! Just a quick question. How big is the 1 lb container? I may need more! I'm going to be building a kalk reactor and I wanna have enough to last me a couple years. Dez doesn't want any but my friend wants some fore sure. We are still down for 3 but maybe more. Also Dez said he's not going to Calgary anytime soon, so I guess I have to make a day trip down to Cowtown soon. A calgary fish tour day trip! Should be fun. May need a tour guide! :)

Simon

Canadian Man
10-31-2002, 09:01 PM
Well.....If you get a chance to go to a store and see a Kent Kalkwasser container,,,,the large 1lb size then that would give you a perfect estimate.

I have Tony down for 2
3 for Simon.

So there are aprox 7 left.

http://www.globaldialog.com/~jrice/specs/specs.htm
Better yet click on the URL and look almost to the bottom of the page and you will see a pic of a container of balls on top of an IO salt bucket.

FishGeek
10-31-2002, 11:11 PM
Make that 6 for Simon

Might as well stock up on it at that price.

Simon

Canadian Man
10-31-2002, 11:26 PM
So 2 for Tony,
6 for Siimon,

Leaves 4 left.

reefburnaby
11-01-2002, 03:26 AM
Canadian Man,

You might want to keep some for yourself. Depending on your tank, Ca reactors can drag the pH very low. So, some reefers dose kalk and run a Ca reactor at the same time.
- Victor.

Canadian Man
11-01-2002, 04:40 AM
Thanks Victor.
Yea I think your right.
I was keeping 1 for myself but that sure wont last too long.
So

I will say they are pretty much all sold. Unless someone really needs them.