PDA

View Full Version : Is this a flatworm? (pic)

Delphinus
12-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Found this about an hour ago. About 2mm, maybe 3mm in length. I tried to remove it off the glass but of course dropped it and off it went into the tank.

Perfect closeup of my scratched up front glass. :( Man I can't wait to tear this tank down.

http://members.shaw.ca/hobiesailor/aquaria/misc/isitaflatworm.jpg

Chad
12-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Its not any of the dreaded flatworms I recognise. Maybe a acro eating one.. never had one of them before tho.

marie
12-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I saw something that looks like that in my 20g a few weeks ago, it was about 3/4 of an inch long and not very wide. It didn't look like a flatworm to me and I haven't seen anything eaten so I just left it :biggrin:

*edit* I mean it was flat and worm like but it didn't look like any of the flatworms I usually see :lol:

AndyL
12-25-2006, 12:01 AM
It's not one of the nasty red ones I had - personally i'm leaning towards a young nudi of some sort...

Normally the nasty flatworms we have in our tanks are a much different shape (melev's got some good pics), with a square light/dark spot in the middle.

christyf5
12-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Yeah i agree with the young nudibranch comment. Flatworms usually aren't quite so "veiny" looking other than the "vein" along the midline.

Don't be such a butterfingers next time :razz:

Delphinus
12-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Guess I shouldn't have been wearing the oven gloves while trying to remove something so itty bitty? Oh well .. not sure what I would have done with it anyhow...

christyf5
12-25-2006, 03:57 AM
Well it sorta looks like the kind I had once. Got any softies in there?

Delphinus
12-25-2006, 04:39 AM
Clove polyps, gorgonians .. just put in a buncha zoos from various sources too in the last couple of weeks. :neutral:

They don't look "off" though. Only thing that's weird is the clam .. well .. Ok that and 100% mortality in the snails I just ordered (but the shipment took too long .. that'll learn me to MO livestock 2 days before Christmas .. :( )

kari
12-25-2006, 03:25 PM
What ever you do, do not let it jump toward your head and climb into your ear. I'm pretty sure I seen one of those on tv. The infected people's minds were taken over.

Delphinus
12-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one enjoying the Trekmas Day marathon. :)

BCOrchidGuy
12-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Kari, wasn't that in one of the star trek movies, the wrath of Khan (and I'm not a trekkie) chekov or sulu had that sucker put in his helmet and .... anyway I still freak out about anything around my ear now....

Doug

Delphinus
12-25-2006, 09:48 PM
That's the one Doug. Space is showing (almost) all the Star Trek movies back to back today so that scene was played out on TV only a few hours ago! :)