PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's meeting

Bob I
10-29-2002, 05:32 PM
OK everybody this is my last communication before tonight. I have completed the most serious cleaning, and have reached a level where I could invite the cleaning lady to finish the job. I am no longer ashamed of the pig who lives here. I am sorry Jon, and Doug can't make it, but to the rest of you WELCOME.!!!!!! :D :D :o :o

Delphinus
10-29-2002, 10:44 PM
Bob,

What time should we head on over to your place?

Thanks

Bob I
10-30-2002, 01:42 AM
1930 hrs, or 7:30 PM

Delphinus
10-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Thanks for hosting the meeting, Bob. It was great to meet some new people.

Ross, let me know when you have your tank filled with water. If you are interested I can set you up with some of those mushrooms. (Or perhaps by that time Alan will be as desperate as me to give them away, so you'll have your choice of suppliers. ;) )

cheers guys

AJ_77
10-30-2002, 02:53 PM
Always a great time, and the "campfire" was a nice touch. Thanks Bob for having us, it was good to meet Evan and Ross and swap some stuff.

Will be keeping an eye on the blue mutant shrooms.

Jonny - next time! We have what, a month to get one in at your place? :wink:

Cheers,

Aj

Canadian Man
10-30-2002, 05:18 PM
Glad to here it went well fellows 8)

Alan,
Katie is still at home :(
But we can still hold the next meeting here if everyone is up for it.

I could have made it last night after all but I needed to be home still.
Quite a stressfull past few days.

Seriak
10-30-2002, 06:12 PM
We should definately have it at Candian Mans house. As he is the only one of you that I have met. Sorry I missed out this time. I will definately be there next time. Let me know when it is going to happen.

TANGOMAN
10-30-2002, 07:25 PM
It must be a "seasonal thing". I'm seeing too many similarities here...
I too would have been able to make it as there was a"change in plans". A couple of stressful days, Oh ya', let's not forget the ailing back...SPOOKY eh ? Look forward to hookin' up at the next one!

Bob I
10-30-2002, 08:51 PM
I am very happy everyone could make it. What I was afraid of happened in that I did not sleep all night, so a nap is in order now. Tony I was sure you took that filter, but when I got home I still found it here. :o

Hooked up the new light, and I am very pleased. That sucker is some bright compared to the previous light. :D :D :D

The Colt opened up as per normal, and the frag is opening up nicely too. Thanks for that bit of work Evan. We will probably do that again real soon. :D :D

The Acropora is still in place Tony, so maybe I can leave it alone :?:

Delphinus
10-30-2002, 09:23 PM
Well ... that bond might hold. What I'm afraid of, one small bump and that thing will be loose again and back to square one. It's probably OK to leave it for now, but if you think of it next time you're at one of the handy-dandy LFS, just pick up a new aquastick and glob some more epoxy and squish more around that base.

Evan and Ross, I'm wondering where you guys found those Coralife ballasts. From what I've been able to find out by cruising the web this morning, it sounds like those dimmable ballasts are using some kind of proprietary bulb -- ie., you can't use just any 175W bulb. I could be wrong on this, so don't get me wrong or anything. But if it is true, it could mean you may be rather limited in your choice of suppliers for replacement bulbs. So keep the URL's of websites where you got those ballasts handy -- they'd be the places I'd be trying to contact when it's time to replace them bulbs.

eposer
10-30-2002, 10:01 PM
Glad to hear the colt/frag are doing well :D

Haven't really needed to look for new bulbs yet but that is a good point.
I had a quick look and the first place I found was http://www.vmarine.com/aquariadepot/default.asp?URL=productgroup.asp?g=310 probably should look around some more though and find them cheaper.

Ross, Bob, I've decided to keep the second fixture for my one tank so if you're interested in doing a group order for some bulbs in a couple months when I've saved up and mabe we could get the cost down on them.

rossb
10-31-2002, 03:57 AM
I actually have come to the same conclusion. Isent a not to Jl to see if they have it or can get it. I have seen the bulb else where for rather shocking prices. I'll keep looking.

Bob I
10-31-2002, 09:16 PM
How shocking are the prices? Did we make a mistake buying that light I wonder?

rossb
11-01-2002, 01:32 AM
I have found some cheap medium base 175W 4.5K bulbs, and lots of 5.5K that seem reasonable. I think that overall it will be a good thing...

so foar the coralife are 119 US, but I have found some german medium base 10k for 89.00 USD. i'll keep you posted.

Bob I
11-01-2002, 01:58 AM
I guess it would be important to find out if any medium base bulb works, or if a Coralife bulb is required. One of you two guys must have the specs. Evan for sure because he bought the system new. As I said in my email to you Champion Lighting has a bulb for $109.90 US :?