PDA

View Full Version : Goby and firesfish together??

cvrle1
12-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Hey,

I have a firefish for few weeks now and it found it self a burrow in which it sleeps and hides sometimes. Burrow is just a hole in one of the rocks and it's big enough for the whole fish to hide in and not be visible to me. Yesterday I bought an orange spotted goby and it seems that goby found the same burrow and is hiding there. Currently both fish are inside, so just wanted to see if this could be a problem. It seems like they might have had a fight (goby is missing a small piece of it's tail) although I am not sure if it was a firefish work or not. Firefish is hiding inside the burrow right now and goby went for a walk and now is back inside again. There are plenty of other hiding places, but neither of them want to leave.

Should I be worried that both fishes claimed same territory or could they both live in the same spot?

Thanks for the help

krisalexander
12-24-2006, 12:09 AM
I have not had any experiences with the Goby and firefish but I have had other Gobies do the same thing, and especially with a firefish they are a very shy fish and timid, they will eventually sort it out and one will find another spot. They yellow Goby may just be there for protection being in a new tank and all, but the firefish can be alittle aggressive when it comes to they own spaces but just monitor them and if it continues then look into something but let them be for a little bit.

Kris

Murminator
12-24-2006, 06:26 PM
I had a yellow sleeper goby and firefish live in the same hole together for months with no problems :mrgreen: