PDA

View Full Version : For the Hell of it, here is my systems.

aussiefishy
12-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Hello All:

Merry Christmas! here i come!

-------Reef:

183 Gallon Display 68X24X26(H) Eurobrace
Custom Maple Cabinet and Hood
72 Gallon Refugium
140 gallon worth of sump area including stand alone foam elimination tank
no physical filtration to promote microlife in system
Cutomer DI Cartilage for Carbon and Rowaphos(TM) filtration

***Lighting:

2X250W MH 14K and 1X400W with spider reflector
all electronic ballasts by EVC TECH

4X65W PC Fuge light

***Flow/Water movement:

Sequence Barracuda Main Return
Titanium T4 closeloop at 1500GPH with Seaswirl 1"
Tunze Wavebox

***Electronics/others:

Neptune system Aquacontroller Junior
ASM G6 Skimmer
Jebo 55W UV sterilizer

Aquamedic CO2 controller
2X Ebojager 250W Heater
Fans to keep temperature within range

Custom made 3 chamber Calcium reactor
Custom made 26" Kalkwasser reactor hook up to top up system.
Aquasafe RO/DI
50 gallon QT with Aquaclear 500, Fluval 200 and 2X65W lighting

***Inhabitants:

250 lbs of Fuji and Tonga LR
Bare-Bottom Design
Cheatos and Racemosa in sump

+++Fishes+++

Shoal Tang
Naso Tang
Male Mandarin fish
Achilles Tang
2X Percula Clown
2X Green Chromis

+++Corals+++

Softies/Zoos:

Dragon eye and various Zoos (not sure what name)
Purple Bullseye mushrooms
Red and stripe mushrooms

Toadstool Leather
Fuji Leather

Star polyps, Metallic and non metallic

LPS:

Elegance coral
metallic green Tourch corals
Hammer corals (branching and non branching)
Metallic green Frogsprawn corals
Metallic yellow Octopus corals
Bubble coral
Rice corals
Tonga Green Pagoda coral
Yellow Scroll coral
Red Oxypora coral (10 inch)

SPS:

Acroporas - varieties.. i don't have a scientific dictionary.... so i am not going to mention all the scientific names

Rose red and Baby blue Milliporas (the kind i love)

Red Montipora digitata and cap

Yellow (12X12 inch) and Pink Birdnest corals

Radioactive and pink Pocillopora

+++Others+++

2X Cleaner shrimps
Color Urchin
Coco worm
4 Crocea clams
1 Squamosa Clam (8 Inch)
1 Deresa Clam

Pictures to follow... :)

-----Fish Only FOWLR

100 gallon display 60X18X19
40 gallon sump
4X65 PC lights with 50/50
Euroreef ES5-3 skimmer
Quiet one 4000HH return

***Inhabitants:

100 Lbs of Fuji LR

+++Fishes+++

Queen Angel
King Angel
Juv Blueface angel
Decorated Foxface
Hippo Blue tang
Vlamingi Tang
Yellow Damsel

Picture to follow:)

aussiefishy
01-17-2007, 08:39 PM
it is work in progress... stay tune!

http://members.shaw.ca/aussiefishy

the FO side is still in construction... the reef side is partly open so take a peek!

cheers,

Eric

Pier Pressure
01-17-2007, 09:06 PM
That is one beautiful reef tank and an excellent system. Keep the pictures coming!

Moogled
01-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Oh. My. God.

All the corals are so vibrant and aesthetically placed.

OCDP
01-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah... WOW ....

TOTM here we come....

That's one hell of a tank. Very inspiring.... great job, very well done :exclaim:

Chaloupa
01-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Beautiful tank!

marie
01-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Ok I've got to ask a silly question. Does your achilles tang like to swim upside down? :mrgreen:

aussiefishy
01-20-2007, 02:43 AM
thank you all!

I am still working on the website... takes me lots of time as i am new to this... :(

Hopefully i will have more time after the RSP season to add the rest of the pages.

and marie, :) the Achilles was not swimming up-side-down.. he was actually nibbing the algae off the glass

Update for the reeftank.

Good:
1. fishes added - Blue tang, 3 Banggai Cardinals and a Sunrise Dottyback, and a pair of sixline wrasse at sump!!
2. couple of Frags added - Florida Ricordia, and 2 SPS frags

3. My Asfur angel and a 8 inch Shoal tang been added to the FOWLR!! Check back for updates!!

Bad:

1. The Giant yellow Birdnest has fallen! maybe RTN... not sure.. BUT it had sprawned before its demise, leaving little birdnest babies everywher in the tank!!!

2. Red Millepora started to lose its color.. i fragged it and moved it position... i will keep my fingers crossed.

Eric

marie
01-20-2007, 02:59 AM
I was asking about your achilles swimming habits because mine spends about 50% of his time swimming upside down,sideways and doing flips. I was wondering if it was an achilles tang thing or just that my fish is an airhead :lol:

justinl
01-20-2007, 03:50 AM
whooo weee nice tank! I have to agree with what was said above, the placement of it all is very well done.

marie: Ive heard of this before and it's not anything really uncommon (nothing to worry about at any rate). I think it's more than anything the fish having a bit of fun. I think there was even a video of this behaviour on youtube... or some forum maybe?

marie
01-20-2007, 04:31 AM
whooo weee nice tank! I have to agree with what was said above, the placement of it all is very well done.

marie: Ive heard of this before and it's not anything really uncommon (nothing to worry about at any rate). I think it's more than anything the fish having a bit of fun. I think there was even a video of this behaviour on youtube... or some forum maybe?

That would of been my video :lol: . I'm not really worried, he is obviously not "in trouble" it's just a definite conversation piece with everyone who comes to visit and I am curious as to whether it's just my fish or all achilles tangs that do this

aussiefishy
01-20-2007, 09:52 AM
just picked up some nice stuff from a fellow reefer tonight... especially the green carpet with a Gold stripe maroon clown...

Now they are all settled in... the questions becomes whether i should put the carpet anemone in the main display or not.....

i have 2 BTA's in my displays already and tehy have been doing pretty good so far. any opinions?

Chaotic Cricket
01-20-2007, 10:05 AM
just picked up some nice stuff from a fellow reefer tonight... especially the green carpet with a Gold stripe maroon clown...

Now they are all settled in... the questions becomes whether i should put the carpet anemone in the main display or not.....

i have 2 BTA's in my displays already and tehy have been doing pretty good so far. any opinions?

Carpets are very prone to eating your fishys. They are much stronger/stickier what have you than a bta. I had a beautiful yellow carpet and it ate 1200 bucks worth of fish. That being said many people keep them in their main displays obviously, but with the knowledge if a fish gets to close...bye bye.