PDA

View Full Version : my new angel!!

smokinreefer
10-28-2002, 02:47 AM
check it out. here is a pic of the fish, not the one i have, but looks the same none the less.

http://members.shaw.ca/smokinreefer/paracentropyge%20multifasciata.jpg

after being confined/hiding behind the overflow for 3 days...i have seen him venture out a few times...though not eating prepard foods yet, he does look healthy and is alert and actively picking at the rocks.

Troy F
10-28-2002, 04:07 AM
Cool and unique. That's the first Paracentropyge multifasciata I've seen.

smokinreefer
10-28-2002, 05:48 AM
yup, me too...
that's why i bought him, he stays quite small, 5" i think and is suppossed to have the same temperment as most dwarf angels.
i was really leaning towards a golden dwarf, as the angel to try in my reef, but those are reported to be very reclusive, and i want something that will stay more in the open.
i would have just gotten a flameback...which i have had good success with, until it jumped :cry: , but i though i'd try somehting a little different.

Troy F
10-28-2002, 03:17 PM
Well certainly different. I'm going the opposite way, if I add a Centropyge spp., I'm leaning towards a coral beauty. I really like C. eibli and C. vroliki but Lisa has vetoed those choices. I also love C. potteri but am trying hard to keep an Indo-pacific biotope (although I've already wandered into the Red Sea :) ).

Acro
10-28-2002, 04:37 PM
Shoa,

Wicked looking angel. I've never seen one or at least I don't recall. I've just recently taken a liking to angels. Lets hope it starts eating prepared foods. Keep us posted and lets get a shot of yours. Good luck.

chicki
11-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Was wondering how that new angel was doing??? Do you have any pics yet??

smokinreefer
11-06-2002, 10:38 PM
here he is!
http://members.shaw.ca/smokinreefer/angel%20005.jpg
he is coming out more, though only on the right side of tank.
still not eating prepared foods, but he is still looking healthy.
i'll try to post a few more pics when i can get a good shot of him.

chicki
11-08-2002, 04:23 AM
Really a beautiful fish! How large do they get? and do they remain this color?

smokinreefer
11-09-2002, 08:26 PM
my angel is now eating frozen foods!! :D

and he is now swimming out in the open more!, but only on 1 side of the tank lol!

from what i have read, they get 4-5"max.

the black and white stripes is juvenile coloration.

the white bands will change to yellow.