PDA

View Full Version : regal angel

niloc16
12-18-2006, 05:47 AM
just looking for peoples experience on a regal angel in a reef tank or general input

marie
12-18-2006, 02:39 PM
My regal angel eats zoanthids, fleshy brain type corals, clams,and the polyps and tips of some of my acros :rolleyes:

Jaws
12-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Amazing fish but mine was a very picky eater. It would only eat mysis. I didn't have a problem with it eating corals but it didn't live long enough really to find out. It only lasted about two months. They seem to be very hit and miss in my opinion.

Ruth
12-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Even the Angels that are "reef safe" tend to be hit and miss. I have 2 Angels in a mostly FOWLR tank (it has 3 anemones, some mushrooms, ricordea, gorgonian) but they pick all day long. They don't bother the current corals that are in there but I know that if I was ever to try a clam or brain coral it would be a feeding frenzy. The 2 angels that I have are a gold flake and a conspic which are supposed to be reef safer than a lot of them.

i2ik
12-19-2006, 06:03 PM
I used to have one in my reef before selling everything down and he only bothers zoos. No problem with any other LPS, clam and SPS. I was a lucky one i guess :P