PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!!! Dying Colt Coral

safety4fire
12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Some of my Colt Coral is bent over and looks like it is dying. Does any one know why, and how to prevent this from happening any further?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Did it get damaged in any way? Sucked into a powerhead or fell off its perch? Colts & other corals like it often seem shriveled up when handled or touched but then swell up again after a short while. Can you please describe your system & such to give us a better idea of what's going on? Also a pic of the "damaged" colt would be helpful.

Anthony

marie
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Some of my Colt Coral is bent over and looks like it is dying. Does any one know why, and how to prevent this from happening any further?

A picture's worth a thousand words :mrgreen: . Colt corals will wilt and shed a mucous tunic once in a while it's normal behaviour. Increased flow around it will help and if it looks like it's disintegrating you might want to put it in a quarantine tank.

Squiddy
12-17-2006, 07:16 PM
I have three or four pieces of colt coral in my tank. Until about 2 weeks ago they were looking perfect but now all of the pieces have shriveled a little bit and the polyps don't extend like they did. Everything else in the tank is doing awesome so I don't know. I didn't change anything.

Don't have any advice for you sorry, but just wanted to say that mine are acting in a similar manner.

safety4fire
12-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes it looks like it is shriveled up, there is basically two stocks side by side, one is ok the other is shriveled up. I have one clown fish that has been hosting in these for about four months. Last month my GBTA split and one piece moved beside the colt, could this have caused it to shrivel up?

Greg

marie
12-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Last month my GBTA split and one piece moved beside the colt, could this have caused it to shrivel up?

Greg
Yup, it was probably stung. Maybe move it over a bit