PDA

View Full Version : Best prices for acrylic sheets & tubes, needle valves

Chin_Lee
10-26-2002, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure if this topic has come up before but I couldn't find much in the search except for one trend which was not very informative; I'm interested in knowing where all you DIYers purchase these products? I know of Industrial Plastics which is good for smaller size acrylic items but I've heard their prices are rather expensive in comparison. So for the sake of ALL DIYers, just wondering if anybody is willing to divulge their supplier of acrylic and needle valves? :lol:

Bryan
10-27-2002, 06:35 AM
Plexi-plus mfg on east Kent Ave in Van will sell and cut acrylic tubing to size. A lot better than having to buy the minimum 3 or 6 foot lengths at Industrial plastics.

For valves and other stuff www.mcmaster.com. They have a arrangement with purolator where they deliver to Canada with no brokerage fees and duty for a low shipping price.

StirCrazy
10-27-2002, 07:07 AM
For valves and other stuff www.mcmaster.com. They have a arrangement with purolator where they deliver to Canada with no brokerage fees and duty for a low shipping price.

Thats a pretty expensive place to shop.. there Gate valves are higher in US funds than they are here in CDN funds.. man.. cheep shipping is the least the could do LOL

Steve

Bryan
10-27-2002, 08:17 AM
Depends what you are buying, yes somethings are more expensive but obviously better quality. I find Mcmaster a great place for items that are hard to find locally, nylon thumbscrews, needlevalves, solenoids etc etc.