PDA

View Full Version : help six line with ich

nanoreefer
12-16-2006, 01:53 AM
i got a new sixline wrasse for my biocube 8g last week and he was looking realy good but afew days ago he got a white spot on his tail and now has another on his tail and one on his fin, every thing eles in the tank is fine(coral,shrimp,hermits ect)and right now there are no other fish, ive tried to get him out but hes too fast and i dont whant to rip all the rock out is there anything i can do for him? he still eats and acts fine(i feed every other day with selcon soaked mysis)i read i should add some fresh garlic juice to his food and feed him more often, dos anyone eles have some tips?

thanks

JOSH
12-16-2006, 03:19 AM
sometimes garlic will work try that daily for a couple days and if you dont get results id be moving the rock to get him out to quarantine so you can treat him

i used garlic on my blue tang in her food and it worked great though

adidas
12-16-2006, 04:30 AM
feed him selcon soaked food every day, that always works for me

nanoreefer
12-16-2006, 07:46 AM
thanks i will try daily feedings of mysis soaked with garlic but should i soak it in pure garlic juice or dilute it with some water also?(iam going to cut up some fresh garlic if it matters)and if not i gess i will have to take everything out and try to caught him. if i do end up takeing him out what are some good meds to try? i was thinking a FW dip might help?

EmilyB
12-16-2006, 08:10 AM
I've had six lines, can't imagine one in a tank that small. :cry: Check out this link:

http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/wrassereefsafe/sixlinewrasse/